The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

CW
CraigWills Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Has the daily schedule changed for the summer now? Kay tweeted she’s on at 12noon? I recall last year they split the shifts?
JK
JK08 Granada North West Today
Has the daily schedule changed for the summer now? Kay tweeted she’s on at 12noon? I recall last year they split the shifts?

I assume it's part of Sky's 'One Day of Crime' thing they have going on today. Sarah Jane Mee is still on now (11:25am) from a police control room in Middlesborough, with Gamal in the Glass Box for the other stories. Rewinding on the stream SJM anchored Sunrise so guessing she's doing 6-12 and Kay 12-6:30.
BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline
Kay Burley got grilled on social media recently after she made controversial remarks about burqas to Tory MP Andrew Bridgen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6036125/Sky-News-presenter-Kay-Burley-BBC-DJ-Liz-Kershaw-Twitter-spat-women-wearing-burqa.html
AL
alexjac0788 Meridian (South East) South East Today
Really enjoyed Sophy Ridge covering Kay's shift this afternoon. With the unique presenting style that this particular programme brings, it's good to see different presenters' personalities coming out.
FR
freddied056 Meridian (South) South Today
Stephen and Emma seem quite flirty this am. Good chermistry
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Stephen and Emma seem quite flirty this am. Good chermistry

They had the same chemistry when they worked together at Sky News previously.
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Sally Lockwood providing summer cover in Washington D.C.
DE
derek500 West Country (West) Points West
Ex Sky Business reporter Dharshini David guesting on Ian King.
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy UTV Newsline
And she was excellent too, just like she was when she was with Sky. What a business team they had when she was there with Dharsini alongside Joel Hills, Anna Jones and Jeff Randall.
Ratflump, BFGArmy and derek500 gave kudos

10 days later

WO
Woodpecker Central (West) Midlands Today
I never thought I'd be typing this... anyway, Lorna Dunkley is now an anchor on the ABC News channel in Australia:

She, of course, isn't the first British news presenter to work for the ABC - former ITN journalist Ros Childs has presented the lunchtime news on ABC for many years.
Last edited by Woodpecker on 25 August 2018 9:32pm
GI
ginnyfan World News
Wow, they have some great music over there! Shocked

Glad for Lorna, she was always one of Sky's best. Smile
BBI45, BFGArmy and Woodpecker gave kudos
BF
BFGArmy Channel Channel Islands
Lorna was always one of the best on Sky News - could handle anything from breaking news to the Press Previews with ease and after leaving Sunrise never seemed to get a main slot she deserved.

Shame she's no longer on Sky News and Australian viewers are lucky to have her.

Newer posts