TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
Am I alone on this one, or is anybody else already getting tired of the current ident roster? I feel like almost everything I watch on Channel 4 is preceded by a Scouse child shouting "pass irrup ear!"
Woodpecker, orange and Warbler gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
That's what happens when you only have 4 idents, all far more similar than previous sets have been.
:-(
A former member
The ident with the sea I have never seen in donkeys, while the full length of the 4man on the hill, again once in months. It's not a bad set, Channel 5 has 5 idents and no one cares, but Channel 4 doesn't mix it up enough. Adding another 4 might help.
QN
Quatorzine Neko
As a French viewer who doesn't have any access to Channel 4, I have a question, inspired by one of my contacts on social media…

Since the shift to the"Great Giant" idents on C4, are there new Simpsons-themed idents? And by any chance, do they use music by Neil Cicierega?

Thanks!
WH
what
As a French viewer who doesn't have any access to Channel 4, I have a question, inspired by one of my contacts on social media…

Since the shift to the"Great Giant" idents on C4, are there new Simpsons-themed idents? And by any chance, do they use music by Neil Cicierega?

Thanks!

No, there aren't any. There's only one, which they seem to be using a lot less now.
BR
Brekkie
They don't seem to use the clock either now.
DB
dbl

Thanks!

The only Simpsons ident they use is this one, which was originally introduced during the first batch of idents in 2015:
Kunst and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
They still use the Simpsons ident - saw it the other day.
WO
Woodpecker
That's what happens when you only have 4 idents, all far more similar than previous sets have been.

I don't think it helps that they seemingly always let the idents run in full, leading to the situation where after the announcer finishes their spiel you have another 5-10 seconds of the ident music, before crashing into the next programme.

29 days later

:-(
A former member
A modern take?

Sadly not. Just a teaser for a new programme: http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/c4-commissions-the-circle-from-studio-lambert-and-motion-content-group
FA
fanoftv

That looks quite nice. Reminds me of the 1996 design.
CR
Critique
Watched Bake Off via All4 tonight, and at the start of the first ad break after about a second of one ad it cut to another, in what I assume is a separate online feed.

However, for whatever reason they didn’t seem to have enough ads, so the break ended about a minute early with an All4 ‘back shortly’ slide taking up the time until an All4 promo and the Amazon sponsorship bumper. Very run of the mill ads so not sure why the feed was different? Rest of the breaks have been perfectly timed so I guess these have matched the TV feed?

Newer posts