The Newsroom

BBC World News | 30th October 2017 Onwards

(October 2017)

RK
Rkolsen World News
It would be nice to see it in UK though, as licence fee payers deserve to watch it too Smile

Agreed.

I’ve often wondered with the BBC’s cost-saving measures, what the rationale is with simulcasting Newsroom Live on BBC Two. Even the average viewer would recognise it as a fairly pathetic attempt to rebadge a bog-standard hour from the news channel.

I appreciate it is on at a different time, but such a stand-out programme like Talking Business would be of far greater value to a BBC Two viewer. It would be like having Working Lunch back.

It would be good for the occasional investor as the show is timed with the market opens in the US and they usually have a live report from the NY Bureau. The rest of it is a bit newsy but also brings up companies or products that you wouldn’t see or may ignore. Plus the kitschy segment where Aaron explains something in front of a green screen is usually funny.

I love it when he’s covers aviation he’s like a kid in a candy story (is that a expression used in the UK?).

Like a child in a sweet shop.
Like a dog with two tails.
Like throwing a chipolata down Oxford Street.
Like a Metropol member at a Tesco pride march.

Okay I got the first two but had to google what a chipolata is and have no idea about it on Oxford Street. And I’m not on metropol but I know some people here don’t like Tesco.

Edit: Maybe the chipolata down Oxford Street means something so small won’t make a difference. But it doesn’t relate to a colloquialism like “child in a sweet shop” or the “dog with two tails” where it’s positive or signs of over exuberance..
Last edited by Rkolsen on 21 July 2018 12:28pm
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
BF
BFGArmy Channel Channel Islands
The only other business presenter who seems to match Aaron's energetic style is Alice Baxter - who I really enjoy. She's enthusastic but not as OTT as Aaron. I don't even mind the arm movements that used to so annoy people on here.
AL
ALV World News
Beyond 100 Days will take a 3 week break after today's last edition. Starting next Monday, WN will have an edition of World News Today at 1900 BST while NC will have a generic bulletin.

Does anyone know if the programme will have another name change again when it returns? Perhaps the programme can be renamed to something like "Christian and Katty". (Sounds like MSNBC eh?)
DV
dvboy Central (West) Midlands Today
According to DigiGuide's listings for World, the name stays the same when it returns.
Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.
BB
BBI45 Central (East) East Midlands Today
dvboy posted:
According to DigiGuide's listings for World, the name stays the same when it returns.

So no 'Beyond (However many days he has been in office for when the programme returns (Currently 552)) Days' then.
And of course, the thing you must not do if the ape is enraged is the Macarena.
MI
m_in_m Anglia (East) Look East
ALV posted:
Beyond 100 Days will take a 3 week break after today's last edition. Starting next Monday, WN will have an edition of World News Today at 1900 BST while NC will have a generic bulletin.

Does anyone know if the programme will have another name change again when it returns? Perhaps the programme can be renamed to something like "Christian and Katty". (Sounds like MSNBC eh?)

Is news channel taking World at anothet point instead for the three weeks?
NE
News96 Look North (Yorkshire)
Nope Genric Bulletin on the NC for the next 3 weeks (although really they should have made the break 5 weeks and come back the first week in September instead.)
UK
UKNewsHound World News
Fair play to Christian and Katty, they have developed a programme that stands out from the others. It doesn’t feel like another hour of generic world news with different branding.
Last edited by UKNewsHound on 27 July 2018 2:29pm

11 days later

AL
ALV World News
Today's edition of HARDtalk is recorded in Studio 34D (BBC Arabic/Persian News Studio). It's soooooo painful to watch it in full native HD because apparently the gallery of Studio 34D does not have HD equipment. Look at that 576i quality!
Last edited by ALV on 6 August 2018 3:44pm
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
ALV posted:
Today's edition of HARDtalk is recorded in Studio 34D (BBC Arabic/Persian News Studio). It's soooooo painful to watch it in full native HD because apparently the gallery of Studio 34D does not have HD equipment. Look at that 576i quality!

I was watching it on BBC News in SD, and the reduced quality was obvious. But enough about the interviewee...

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
ALV posted:

I was watching it on BBC News in SD, and the reduced quality was obvious. But enough about the interviewee...

Typo, interviewer. Wink
SS
SuperSajuuk North Reporting Scotland
When i first saw the low quality hardtalk broadcasts, i thought they were older repeats from 2011, the quality is terrible and they shouldn’t be broadcasting from that studio. Surely they can just decamp World News from C to do the hardtalk broadcast if needed?

Newer posts

No further posts are being accepted for this topic