« Topics
MY83495 posts since 16 Nov 2016
Premier Sports currently free ?? on Virgin Media. Also their website's new favicon is just the old P logo coloured yellow and there's a horrible mishmash of re-coloured old logos for the Player etc all over it.

DE88533 posts since 8 Jan 2017
UTV Newsline
Premier Sports currently free ?? on Virgin Media. Also their website's new favicon is just the old P logo coloured yellow and there's a horrible mishmash of re-coloured old logos for the Player etc all over it.

Setanta springs to mind... Embarassed Wink
"Channel 5! The channel that brings you England goals!" -- Jonathan Pearce, 31 May 1997
rdd3,122 posts since 21 Jun 2001
I had a look at eir Sport 2 earlier - it was going out DOGless. Promos were branded “Premier Sports 1” but idents didn’t have a channel name, just a yellow and black animation (that oddly reminded me of the Screensport ident of the late 1980s - the one before the final “S” logo).
OF99275 posts since 30 Jul 2017
UTV Newsline
In the days of Sky Analogue, a lot of people would watch the foreign channels to get sport that wasn't going to be shown on the UK channels.
Anyone who even thinks of talking about channel codes in a thread where I am involved will be apprehended! (not really)
Brekkie29,716 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Live Pro14 games will continue on S4C with 17 live games including two Christmas derbies. The other 4 Welsh derbies will be on a delay, including Judgement Day. If a Welsh region makes the final that'll be shown live.

https://www.pro14rugby.org/2018/07/24/s4c-will-continue-to-show-free-to-air-guinness-pro14-games-until-2021/

The Freesports games tend to feature the Italian or South African sides, but on the whole Premier Sports have stuck to the familiar TV schedule of games on Fridays and Saturday nights.
Last edited by Brekkie on 27 July 2018 9:02pm
Shouldn't that have been posted in the "John Logie Baird has Invented Television" thread?
DVB Cornwall7,650 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
Production Company Change

Whisper Films, the Coulthard/Humphrey (and others) production company, replaces Sunset and Vine as Ch4's Summer Paralympics 2020 production contractor.

DVB Cornwall7,650 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
Grand Tours ....

Eurosport have a problem with their coverage of these events. The actual race is fine, commentary is excellent and well sourced. Post event summaries also. The problem, and it is real is what happens precisely when the race or stage ends. There's an awful hiatus before the post event summary gets underway, Chopped up highlights, unannounced commercial breaks are usual. Continuity is awful. Before Edwards became lead, this period in the coverage was covered well by Ashley House before the ES network syndicated interviews were cut in. This aspect is an enormous let down in an otherwise excellent production.