« Topics
rob7,593 posts since 7 Apr 2001
Meridian (South) South Today
I have to say I'm surprised and rather disappointed by the rather harsh comments made regarding Mike. He's a really nice person, and it was a joy for me to persuade him to do it. It was a fantastic event that raised thousands of pounds for local sport where I live, and it was an absolute pleasure for him to get involved. Not many people would have said yes to doing it.

I asked him afterwards which was better... falling in the pool or getting hit with wet sponges. He said the latter. Smile

Oh, and that's my voice you hear egging him on. I was running that particular stall that day, and got rather wet myself. Laughing
The TV Booth Podcast / Presblog / NewsPres
Hatton Cross3,266 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
I dread to think what Hatton Cross's opinion is of Aaron Heslehurst?

I would have probably poured the whole bucket of water over him!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who? Me or Aaron?!!

Look, I'm the first to say hats off to Mike for being a good sport and raising money for charity and giving up his time to do it (better than sitting in the BBC Sports bunker in Salford reading out the same sports bully every 30 mins on the news channel.) Not knocking for that.

It's just his tireless breathless 'fab' promotion of everything - gets a little grating, like when talking about the goals from a previous night's football match, he introduces the highlights package like we are in for a footballing masterclass.

For the record, I loved Aaron's style of presenting when he covered the early (uk) time World News channel programmes.

Still hope it is he doing The Briefing every now and then, covering for Sally. The Paper reviews were a hoot sometimes.
My user name might look like Hatton Cross, but it's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove.
Joe6,538 posts since 9 Oct 2005
Meridian (South) South Today
It's just his tireless breathless 'fab' promotion of everything - gets a little grating, like when talking about the goals from a previous night's football match, he introduces the highlights package like we are in for a footballing masterclass.

Great. Was it really worth posting this opinion immediately after quite a nice, light-hearted post though?
Hatton Cross, BBI45 and 4 others
  • Woodpecker
  • Jay Lee
  • Rolling News
  • Lou Scannon
gave kudos
elmarko1,037 posts since 27 Jul 2010
STV Central Reporting Scotland

Great. Was it really worth posting this opinion immediately after quite a nice, light-hearted post though?

Honestly, this was my take as well. Bit uncharacteristic of HC too, so I was taken by surprise.

But he’s explained himself well and I think we should move on.
Hatton Cross3,266 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
I've not posted what I really think of Sir Cliff..
Now, that would be uncharacteristic.. Wink

I'd let Mike lob a wet sponge at me, if he so desired after my previous postings - and I'd buy him a pint afterwards...

Moving on.. Wasn't Jon Kay's tie a nice colour this morning?
My user name might look like Hatton Cross, but it's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove.
London Lite gave kudos
JasonB5,112 posts since 20 Sep 2003
London London
I witnessed what was a very akward interview between Naga and Sir David Attenborough this morning. He was meant to be talking about his involvement in the Butterfly Count but Naga seemed to be more interested in what he was talking about with the Queen. Sir David did seem genuinely annoyed towards the end as Naga only spent what seemed like 90 seconds talking about the Butterfly Count and by then he wasn't saying much to her.
"623058 The whole thing has been a dump squirt."
London Lite10,582 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
We haven’t seen Aaron since he got his own Talking Business programme on BBC World News, I wish that was simulcasted,

I still miss the Aaron and "Fritzy" editions of Business Live on Friday mornings. They were certainly lively and Victoria was more than a match for his enthusiasm.
harshy gave kudos
No further posts are being accepted for this topic