The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
BBI45
So the World Cup has passed and the 11:30 edition of The Papers (on Weekdays) is still with us-Have they quietly (and finally) cancelled the Newsnight repeat.

I wonder if the second edition of The Papers is rating better than a just aired edition of Newsnight?

Considering that most people who are late home for Newsnight could either record it, or catch it on iPlayer, I'd hazard a guess in saying The Papers likely rated better.
CH
chris
I never really saw how the Newsnight repeat saved much money. I’m not convinced the cost of the extended shifts and keeping the guests longer mounted to much.

I still think The Papers is too short. They’re just getting going and then it’s cut off. I’d much prefer a decent half-hour from 10:30-11:00 then stick Sportsday at 11:15.
oflahertya, nigel and BBI45 gave kudos
DV
dvboy
means they can properly cover late breaking domestic news properly (especially political stuff like commons votes, like tonight)
DV
dvboy
another case of not checking the ticker text before putting it on air

WO
Worzel
dvboy posted:
another case of not checking the ticker text before putting it on air

Either that, or a trigger happy editor knew the amount would be in thousands and forgot to change the ? to a figure. Very Happy
BM
BM11
The ticket tape writer was probably following someone verbally announcing it in the newsroom but wasn't sure what they said.
DA
davidhorman
Or it was already written up hours - or even days! - ago when the outcome was probably already pretty clear and all they were waiting on was a number, which they forgot to fill in.
BM
BM11
Or it was already written up hours - or even days! - ago when the outcome was probably already pretty clear and all they were waiting on was a number, which they forgot to fill in.

I wonder if they prepared ones in case resignations occur at some point.
SS
SuperSajuuk
Chris Fawkes presenting the 12.30pm weather bulletin from the balcony studio today! Trundle cam was a bit bugged, but at least they're trying to use it more than not at all.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Chris Fawkes presenting the 12.30pm weather bulletin from the balcony studio today! Trundle cam was a bit bugged, but at least they're trying to use it more than not at all.

We also had Matt Taylor from the Derbyshire catwalk this morning as well, instead of a London based forecaster from a CSO or Simon King in Salford.
MI
m_in_m

We also had Matt Taylor from the Derbyshire catwalk this morning as well, instead of a London based forecaster from a CSO or Simon King in Salford.

I thought weather on the Victoria Derbyshire programme was done by the Breakfast forecaster - except when they are on location though that seems to be very frequent at the moment.
ST
Stuart
More NC funnery with 'The Papers' this evening, as they had problems showing the graphics for the front pages in sequence to the narrative . . . only to then discover they were showing the wrong day's papers too! Shocked

Newer posts