TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
KE
kernow
It really doesn't help that the generic style is so bland, it's just white text on a black background. It's not like any other UK channel uses generic credits, or shows any signs of doing so, so it really stands out that ITV not only do it, but have stuck with it for 18 years.

Sky have a similar style of end credits, which are scrolling white text on a black background, with a similar font, which is used for a large proportion of their programmes.

Something else I've noticed is that when ITV produce programmes for other broadcasters, they often use the generic ITV end credits.
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 27 March 2021 1:38am
JO
Jon
I think this was probably covered here about two decades ago.
DE
DE88
I expect this was used until October 1st, 1990, when the first "stripe" ident was used, (though I could be wrong).

Looks like the stripe was in use as early as June 1990 (see the very start of this clip):

JA
james-2001
I'd need to check the 1990 DVD to see which episode on there is the earliest to have the stripe endcap. though I'm not at home for a couple more days.
TM
ToasterMan
Today's first Corrie episode strangely had the original blue Granada endboard, which gives me the impression that the last three episodes with the new ITV generic endboard were placed in at the last minute, but for whatever reason, they forgot to do it with this one.
CO
Colm
Regions had the ability to fade up the ITV Production caption when required; here's an example Ste G uploaded to YT many years ago where Quay Street faded theirs up during the end credits of the first episode of "Sooty and Co" [3:25 in]:

I'm certain I've seen other companies do this at their end to cover out-of-date production captions.

The first episode of Classic Corrie on ITV3 also saw the last scene inside Baldwin's Casuals, which got the wrecking ball* treatment at the start of the second episode.

* - No Miley Cyruses were involved in the making of the episode.
Last edited by Colm on 9 July 2018 3:27pm
CO
Colm
And no ITV production end cap on the second episode today either.
JA
james-2001
Both of today's episodes were from the same week, so presumably the same production block, which is likely why it wasn't on either.

8 days later

JE
Jez Founding member
We have reached the point where Corrie went three times a week on the ITV3 repeats . This will slow the pace down a bit. We will be seeing just over 3 weeks worth of episodes a week instread of 5 weeks worth.

First appearance of Reg Holdsworth and Liz And Jim McDonald tomorrow.
ToasterMan and rdobbie gave kudos
JA
james-2001
Still getting the old blue Granada endcap on most episodes even though we're now in late October, nearly 2 months after the generic look came in. I'm starting to wonder if ITV3 are themselves placing it on the episodes to cover up the old ITV logo.
DA
davidhorman
Returning to the present, for the moment, the CA has just announced that Johnny and Eva are about to have a "medi t ation" session instead of a mediation one...

And a new Meerkat sponsorship thing, with them all scampering down the street for the grand opening of the new "Beestro."

Newer posts