« Topics
A former member
The videos are still there to view.
Larry the Loafer5,690 posts since 2 Jul 2005
Granada North West Today
All I picked up from the stream was there's a new Favourites system called My TV Ark, all the videos have been encoded in higher quality (unsurprisingly) and there's potential of a merchandise store. And the reassurance that we won't be waiting more than six months to see the site return.
paul_hadley, Joe and Rory gave kudos
Colorband (previously AgainWTheNorth) 249 posts since 30 May 2015
UTV BBC World News
Y'know, given the recent teases that the site's refresh launch is "not far away", would it not be unreasonable to predict an 8th November launch? Not only is it not that far away (generally speaking), but it'd also coincide with the 20th anniversary of TV ARK - A new site would be a great way to kick off TV ARK's china anniversary.
Graphic designer. Electronic idiot.
paul_hadley and Rory gave kudos
dominicmgm13 posts since 13 Aug 2018
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Their second stream had someone saying “Hows the site coming along, the tension is killing me” and immediately after having the time to read the comment, Kenny responded with “you know, that's a clever way of saying” and pressed the “WHEN'S THE SITE COMING BACK?” button. He then proceeded to say that the clips were being restored to HD (or near-HD for the clips made in the 20th century) and that there would be HTML5.

Y'know, given the recent teases that the site's refresh launch is "not far away", would it not be unreasonable to predict an 8th November launch? Not only is it not that far away (generally speaking), but it'd also coincide with the 20th anniversary of TV ARK - A new site would be a great way to kick off TV ARK's china anniversary.

That actually is a great prediction, as in 2008, they celebrated their 10th birthday with a new section of their site and a video on YouTube with presenters past and present coming together to celebrate this occasion. So actually relaunching on that day is a leap forward, and I can't imagine what they'll do for the 30th, 50th or maybe even 100th birthday if the crew are devoted enough.
When's TVARK coming back?