« Topics
BBI45814 posts since 2 Aug 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
Articles not clear but I’m assuming Ben/Piers will continue their usual pattern but when Peirs takes a day here and there (he’s been known to just two days in a given week) Richard will fill in and Ben is takes days off from time to time so I’m guessing Richard will fill in there too, which means he’ll be popping up fairly regularly. Plus of course half term/summer breaks etc.
I do think that should Ben decide to move on, Richard may get Thurs/Fri full time. It would be nice to see how Kate would work with Richard full time, I’d suggest Charlotte could work better with Richard but then where does Kate go? And who reads the news? Other thing is Charlotte kinda works well as third wheel with Piers and Susanna on Mon-Wed.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT start a rota discussion.
.... . ..- - .
Luke B (previously Lukeyboy) 205 posts since 30 Apr 2017
Meridian (South East) South East Today
Wonder if it’s a permanent change having Richard Arnold at the desk at 6 and Laura at the weather area ?

It probably is - due to the fact that Laura was in the studio this morning and they still had Richard in her usual spot. I personally liked the initial concept of having Laura at the end of the desk - because she's more permanent and important than Arnold. In terms that Richard only appears for two 6-10 minute slots, and Laura appears at the TOTH, BOTH and occasionally Quarter To (Pollen) areas of the show. Laura is way more chiefer than Richard in many aspects, so I kind of don't like the new idea of having an entertainment, fluff presenter being on the dominant news desk at the beginning of the show.
jacobmorton_27 gave kudos
UBox795 posts since 31 May 2015
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Wonder if it’s a permanent change having Richard Arnold at the desk at 6 and Laura at the weather area ?

It probably is - due to the fact that Laura was in the studio this morning and they still had Richard in her usual spot. I personally liked the initial concept of having Laura at the end of the desk - because she's more permanent and important than Arnold. In terms that Richard only appears for two 6-10 minute slots, and Laura appears at the TOTH, BOTH and occasionally Quarter To (Pollen) areas of the show. Laura is way more chiefer than Richard in many aspects, so I kind of don't like the new idea of having an entertainment, fluff presenter being on the dominant news desk at the beginning of the show.

I think the issue is that Richard is a bit better at bouncing off Piers & Susanna than Laura is. The idea was conceived when Alex was doing the weather daily, possibly to fuel the banter between him and Piers however it hasn't been as controversial with Laura at the desk.
Luke B gave kudos
CraigWills84 posts since 2 Aug 2017
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)

I think the issue is that Richard is a bit better at bouncing off Piers & Susanna than Laura is. The idea was conceived when Alex was doing the weather daily, possibly to fuel the banter between him and Piers however it hasn't been as controversial with Laura at the desk.

It makes sense to have Richard there and Laura in her area because they can still chat to Laura about weather or other topics as she’s got her own desk/seat. Plus her weather desk has been pretty redundant so using it more at the 6am TOH makes sense. Also as mentioned Richard adds something a little different to opener and it means when Laura’s on location there’s still the four usual people at the desk.
Josh916 posts since 21 Dec 2014
Live link with Good Morning Sweden happening currently.
My tweet was read out on BBC Four's Eurovision coverage and Rylan Clark-Neal replied to it. That's all.
Luke B gave kudos
noggin14,315 posts since 26 Jun 2001
If anyone is wondering why Nyhetsmorgon are outside in Visby, it's because it's that time of year when all the main Swedish political parties hold conferences in Almedalen (a park in Visby). It's a chance for the public to chat to politicians and vice versa, plus all the news broadcasters get to interview them. It's a bit like having the Tory, Lib Dem and Labour conferences at the same time in the same place. A bit.
marshmallow339 posts since 4 Nov 2015
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Interesting that the whole segment was broadcast (to Sweden) in English. Of course, a very large proportion of Swedes can speak good English, many more than most Brits can speak Swedish, or any other language for that matter, but presumably for a sizeable chunk of viewers that was the equivalent of GMB broadcasting in German for 5 minutes.
Luke B gave kudos