TV Home Forum

UTV - From City Quays 2 onwards

Split from UTV rebrand (July 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
While the rest of UTV were starting at City Quays 2, Julian Simmons was in Dublin as a guest on The 6 O'Clock Show on TV3, billed as "The Voice of the Soaps"

Maybe Virgin Media are thinking of hiring Julian when they relaunch TV3 as Virgin Media One in August? This could be a test, to see how their audience responds to him. Julian's work at UTV now is almost nill, voice overs and the odd weather forecast. Maybe Virgin Media would like him to join them?
WL
W1LL

As are most of the other ITV regions.

The only real exception is Granada, but given the 60+ year association with the region, I can't see them changing it any time soon.

Meridian is pushing it a bit as a geographic name.... and that region that only refers to itself these days as 'Calendar'

It's still the Yorkshire region in terms of advertising:
https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/itv-regions/yorkshire

Do they still use "ITV Yorkshire" for weather sponsorship?

It’s still namechecked as “the ITV Yorkshire weather” in the sponsorship sting but, since they updated the weather graphics last year, the initial sting shows it as “ITV Weather: Calendar”.
ST
South Today
Late bulletin with Paul Clark - he didn't seem too sure what was going on with the panning shot for the close as he kept looking at the monitor.
LL
London Lite Founding member
While the rest of UTV were starting at City Quays 2, Julian Simmons was in Dublin as a guest on The 6 O'Clock Show on TV3, billed as "The Voice of the Soaps"

Maybe Virgin Media are thinking of hiring Julian when they relaunch TV3 as Virgin Media One in August? This could be a test, to see how their audience responds to him. Julian's work at UTV now is almost nill, voice overs and the odd weather forecast. Maybe Virgin Media would like him to join them?

I just checked my recording and he did IVC!

bilky asko and bkman1990 gave kudos
:-(
A former member

Though of course 'Central' is already a geographic name

But at the time the name was an oddity (to me at least!) as from the mid 70s to the late 90s, Central was a local government region of Scotland and didn't seem relevant to the Midlands of England.
DE
denton
Late bulletin with Paul Clark - he didn't seem too sure what was going on with the panning shot for the close as he kept looking at the monitor.

I wasn't too sure about that awful camera angle they used throughout the bulletin, never mind the panning shot at the close... which was actually static.

The glossy black panels, reflecting the appalling lighting, ruin what could be a nice set. Some LED light-boxes wouldn't have broken the bank.
TT
ttt
Should this thread not be in the newsroom? Nothing in presentation has changed, unless the move to a new building has fixed up the appalling audio quality of UTVs announcements since the move to London?
RA
rayhen114
Did anyone capture last nights UTV Live at 6? It still isn't up online.
UT
Upload TV

I don’t think they’re going to post bulletins from UTV Live anymore on the website.
LL
London Lite Founding member

RA
rayhen114
Well don't they look cosy behind that desk.

I think it's scandalous they've allowed those horrific light reflections on the black bars to remain (as well as the black bars). Overall it is an improvement but a long time coming.
LH
lhx1985
You'd have thought they could have found a few more lights in there.
The blue panel on the desk is so poorly lit it looks black.

Newer posts