TV Home Forum

Shortland Street

(March 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Quote:
Five have never picked anything up from ITV in their entire six and a half year history - why start now with a New Zealand daytime soap of all things?

They have, they picked up Home & Away (import), they showed Prisoner Cell Block H (import), they are showing Sons & Daughters (import) all of these were originally on itv so Shortland Street does stand a good chance of airing on Five.
JE
Jez Founding member
Neil what are you talking about - after a few of the ITV regions didnt show all the episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H Channel 5 picked it up and showed all 692 episodes.

And they have also shown several other shows which ITV had previously axed or shown - currently they are showing Sons And Daughters which ITV showed in the 1980s.

I think there is a good chance another channel will show SS as its a damn good soap which any channel would be lucky to have in its schedule - its better than most of the other soaps shown in this country.
PE
Pete Founding member
ohwhatanight posted:

I'd say 0.

Marks out of 10 for Scotty here?

http://www.planetcrossroads.co.uk/episode/images/2003/scott.jpg
JE
Jez Founding member
I dont really fancy Fergus from Shortland St but thanks for the pic anyway Owan.

I definately *dont* fancy Scott Booth from Crossroads - he is about 14 isnt he? I like men not little boys so 0/10 for him LOL

I would much prefer Matt!

http://search.nzoom.com/photogallery/images/gallery/shortland/Matt-and-Tonis-8.jpg

http://shortlandstreet.nzoom.com/characters/images/matt_mug.jpg

OMG HOT!!!! 10/10
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Jez posted:
I definately *dont* fancy Scott Booth from Crossroads - he is about 14 isnt he? I like men not little boys so 0/10 for him LOL

Do bear in mind that there are two sides to every soap person - said person and the actor/actress.

So if I do this:

http://www.planetcrossroads.co.uk/episode/images/2003/scott.jpg

and say that this is actually an 18yr-old actor who just happens to play a 15yr-old in a soap, does that make any difference to his "fancyability"? Is that a word? Very Happy

Jez posted:
Neil what are you talking about - after a few of the ITV regions didnt show all the episodes of Prisoner Cell Block H Channel 5 picked it up and showed all 692 episodes.

And they have also shown several other shows which ITV had previously axed or shown - currently they are showing Sons And Daughters which ITV showed in the 1980s.

Okay, I wrote a load of absolute bulls**t in my previous post in this thread and I have no idea why I wrote what I did. Of course H&A was on ITV as was Prisoner and I didn't know about S&D. But you're right C5 picked them all up after ITV. How could I have written such bull in the first place? Embarassed

Quote:
I think there is a good chance another channel will show SS as its a damn good soap which any channel would be lucky to have in its schedule - its better than most of the other soaps shown in this country.

Good for you. Hallmark Television here SS comes Very Happy
JE
Jez Founding member
I dont care how old Scott Booth is (I cant even remember the actors name, ive forgotton that much about Crossroads) I still dont like him LOL

And we have had another mass of signatures on the petition today - lots of people are upset about the show going.
JE
Jez Founding member
Ive seen quite a few letters re the axing of SS on Ceefax and Teletext - there are obviously a lot of people missing the show.
NJ
Jez posted:
Ive seen quite a few letters re the axing of SS on Ceefax and Teletext - there are obviously a lot of people missing the show.

My heart bleeds.

What's in the schedule next Monday?

09:25 Trisha (Talk Show)
10:30 This Morning (Entertainment)
12:30 ITV Lunchtime News and Weather (News)
13:00 Today with Des and Mel (Chat Show)
14:00 Everything Must Go! (Special Interest)
15:00 ITV News Headlines (News)

Hurrah, Des & Mel are back! Very Happy Everything Must Go sounds like it's going to be like Bargain Hunt or Flog It. Are we going to witness an explosion in Auction type programmes ala Bargain Hunt/Flog It like we did with Changing Rooms and co?

(data extracted from Digiguide)
JE
Jez Founding member
People wont want Everything must got for an hour - they will be bored to death. Better than Crossoroads I suppose

The following week they have a repeat of the 5pm show at 2.30pm - how insulting they replace SS with repeats, why not give the slot to the regions instead.
NJ
Jez posted:
People wont want Everything must got for an hour - they will be bored to death. Better than Crossoroads I suppose

Is the wrong answer. Replace "Crossoroads" with "Shortland Street" for 10 points Very Happy

Quote:
The following week they have a repeat of the 5pm show at 2.30pm - how insulting they replace SS with repeats, why not give the slot to the regions instead.

Technically "they" haven't replaced SS. It was never network's to replace. I can see a day looming when there won't be any regional slots at all bar news. Slots they have now are few and far between.

I see Design Wars comes from Nottingham so it's in Crossroads' land. That suits me Very Happy
JE
Jez Founding member
Well ITV1 Carlton for Central England land have never been keen on regional progs which is why SS was on there for years and years.

You know what I mean when I say they have replaced SS with other progs.

Crossroads was so rubbish I couldnt believe the ending they gave it - the final insult. And SS is still being made in NZ - the same cannot be said for Crossroads being made at Lenton Lane
PE
Pete Founding member
Jez posted:
Well ITV1 Carlton for Central England land have never been keen on regional progs which is why SS was on there for years and years.

You know what I mean when I say they have replaced SS with other progs.

Crossroads was so rubbish I couldnt believe the ending they gave it - the final insult. And SS is still being made in NZ - the same cannot be said for Crossroads being made at Lenton Lane

God Jez I wish someone would stop making you. Scott is not impressed with this anti-Crossroads attitude you have taken for no reason. SS being cancelled is bad for regional ITV sake - I can't stand the show but I don't whine on about it unlike you who have used this thread just to wage your petty War On Crossroads. bah.

Newer posts