TV Home Forum

UTV - From City Quays 2 onwards

Split from UTV rebrand (July 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RA
rayhen114
They really need to sort out the lighting. In todays lunchtime bulletin horrible white flaring was bouncing off the black panels behind the presenter. See below from 15 seconds.

IS
Inspector Sands

As are most of the other ITV regions.

The only real exception is Granada, but given the 60+ year association with the region, I can't see them changing it any time soon.

Meridian is pushing it a bit as a geographic name.... and that region that only refers to itself these days as 'Calendar'
LS
Lou Scannon
Meridian is pushing it a bit as a geographic name...

I'm sure that one meaning (albeit probably an archaic one) of the word "Meridian" is something like "of/from the south".

Presumably this is how Meridian Broadcasting chose its name, rather than anything to do with any tenuous link to the "international timezone line" type of meridian.
KE
kernow

As are most of the other ITV regions.

The only real exception is Granada, but given the 60+ year association with the region, I can't see them changing it any time soon.

Meridian is pushing it a bit as a geographic name.... and that region that only refers to itself these days as 'Calendar'

It's still the Yorkshire region in terms of advertising:
https://www.itvmedia.co.uk/itv-regions/yorkshire

Do they still use "ITV Yorkshire" for weather sponsorship?
AL
alexhduk
They really need to sort out the lighting. In todays lunchtime bulletin horrible white flaring was bouncing off the black panels behind the presenter. See below from 15 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_yeKVkGr00

I know I have said it multiple times but I do not understand those black panels, nothing good can come from them.
MM
MMcG198

The lighting generally has been badly executed. The set is not well lit. And as for that ghastly light reflection above the presenter at lunchtime - not good.

It'll be interesting to see if they attempt to sort out the lighting issues. However, with the combination of small studio space and a low lighting grid, I'm not sure how much they'll be able to do. But I'm sure they can improve on its current state.
GE
thegeek Founding member

Oh no it’s an itv coaster. Name change must be imminent Wink

I've got one in my living room. Will I have to change my name too? Smile
Critique, chinamug and Ittr gave kudos
KE
kernow

The lighting generally has been badly executed. The set is not well lit. And as for that ghastly light reflection above the presenter at lunchtime - not good.

That reflection was also there during the 6pm edition.
CH
chinamug
The set is a huge improvement on the previous set, but there's still a lot wrong. The reflection is very irritating, I don't understand why they can't use the full screens for the background. I was only watching it on and off but someone else that watched the whole show pointed out the disappearing birds. They're on one screen in the wide shot and they fly into the next screen and disappear which shatters the illusion of the background.
LS
Lou Scannon
On the day that the ITV-in-all-but-name style U(tv) idents launched, the wording of the first announcement that morning (into GMB?) was something like "the eagle-eyed among you may have noticed our new look today."

I don't know what it says about the audience (or, at least, UTV's perception of its audience), if it was anticipated that having a new logo and totally different style of ident/pres from before is something that only the particularly "eagle-eyed" can perceive (and, even then, only "may" rather than definately "will" notice)...
:-(
A former member
It’s a turn of phrase Rolling Eyes
LL
London Lite Founding member
While the rest of UTV were starting at City Quays 2, Julian Simmons was in Dublin as a guest on The 6 O'Clock Show on TV3, billed as "The Voice of the Soaps"

Newer posts