The Newsroom

France 24 English HD

Satellite test - UK & Ireland (May 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
Here is the current frequency. It came up twice on my satellite box yesterday. I got the info from Digital Spy.

11426/11427

27500 V

SID 52560

No audio is available so far on this current test. But the picture is up & currently looks great in HD. Smile

17 days later

BK
bkman1990
I'm currently watching this tonight. There is audio now available for anyone to hear if they want to look at this channel later on today or throughout the rest of the week.

30 days later

RO
rob Founding member
It's now on the Sky EPG at channel 873.
BB
BBI45
rob posted:
It's now on the Sky EPG at channel 873.

France 24 HD has also launched on Freesat channel 205. It appears to have completely replaced the SD version, like NHK World.

EDIT: On demand as well.
HC
Hatton Cross
Why is it that far 'north' on the Sky EPG?

Would have expected it around 510's in the news section?
ST
stuartfanning
Yes it's a news channel so why isn't it in the 'news' section?
DV
dvboy
The SD version is on 512 in the news section and 873 is among where the SD channels sit for HD viewers, so I would expect them to swap at some point.
SP
Spencer
If I remember correctly, when BBC News HD launched, it was also on a higher EPG number, and it took a couple of weeks for it to swap to 503 (for those with an HD sub).
RO
rob Founding member
The HD swap has now taken place. HD on 512, SD on 873.

47 days later

TR
TheTravelcard
All afternoon, there has been no live content or news bulletins on the English channel (HD&SD), it has just been reports on a loop, with 'Follow news 24/7 on France24.com/en' on a static newsbar. The French channel is operating normally though - any ideas why? Cannot find info on their media.

78 days later

RI
Richard
Watching France 24 English and the presenter (in Paris) is wearing a Royal British Legion Poppy. Now I know that poppies are worn in a number of countries; however this is specifically a British poppy. I am not criticising the wearing of it at all , but I do find it interesting because although this is an anglophone service, it isn't specifically a UK service, is it?

Do BBC World News presenters wear one?
AS
AlexS
Only during simulcasts (which to me is the most confusing option when presenters are seen with it in some hours but not others on the same day).
EDIT: While the above was the case this evening it seems that some presenters are wearing them in some non-simulcast hours.

Newer posts