TV Home Forum

Good Evening Britain

Coming June 28th. Split from Good Morning Britain (June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LB
Luke B
The theme music is a bit cheesy IMO.

Exactly.
PT
Put The Telly On
Bit unfortunate for them given this was England's most boring performance of the tournament so far but set looks nice.
Studio looks amazing. Not sure about the white random disco lights. They're a bit too bright. Perhaps toned down a little?

Titles look great. Text is a bit X Factor. Colour scheme is nice too
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
So now we know, breakfast TV does not convert into evening TV. All a bit awkward if you ask me.
DE88, Brekkie and Rogo23 gave kudos
RD
RDJ
"Live from Television Centre in London".

Much better intro.

I'm guessing ITV Studios wasn't the in thing to say given it being within STV's hours.

The flashy text is a very naff X Factor carbon copy. And the OTT intro was very a la Oscars 2016 with the sweeping spotlights.
Stuart, NovaProdTV and gordonthegopher gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
Tacky doesn’t even cover it...

The music, flashing lights and flying fonts aren’t a very good look at all in my opinion. What showed lots of promise originally looks pretty poor on screen.
Rogo23, AxG and Ittr gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
The effort that has gone into this considering it's a one-off is remarkable. Set, graphics, music - it all looks really good, but it's a shame this is the only time we'll see it.

But I'm afraid I still haven't warmed to Piers Morgan.
UB
UBox
Theme music is nice and could easily be used again on mornings. The normal graphics look good apart from the tags which are blending into everyone's suits. Bit flashy opening graphics I didn't like as much. Also was that actually Dominic Green on the opener for some reason it didn't sound quite the same?
WH
Whataday Founding member
The clock's 12 hours behind.
DV
dvboy
Bloody awful. Turned it off.
Ittr, Night Thoughts and Rogo23 gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
The clock's 12 hours behind.

Ha! I keep thinking this too - the Good Morning Britain clock in the evening is really disorientating.
DE88, AlexEdohHD13 and Ittr gave kudos
BB
BBI45
My opinion of the first few minutes: The intro was way too flashy, as was the lighting during the intro. However, Piers was reasonably restrained, and I think we can allow him two minutes, and it appears to have calmed down a bit now.

Newer posts