TV Home Forum

Big Brother UK

Ratings crash & future indoubt (June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
I have never heard of Ash Sarkar before, so knowing that they are asking her to be on CBB is of no huge shock. Practically all of the housemates these days are people I've never heard of.

If anything it shows they’re going for similar line up to last time around.
JM
JamesM0984
It's also quite ironic that the original Love Island, on the main channel, got absolutely battered by Big Brother.

What a difference a decade makes.
JO
Josh
DMc posted:
Judging by this tweet, it looks like Celebrity Big Brother is scheduled to start on the 17th of August.

This is cutting it close to the house deadline.
GO
gottago
JoshX posted:
DMc posted:
Judging by this tweet, it looks like Celebrity Big Brother is scheduled to start on the 17th of August.

This is cutting it close to the house deadline.

No it’s not, they’ve got a month and a half left. People have signed up for shows like this a mere days before they’ve begun in the past.
BR
Brekkie
He means the end of planning permission for the use of the house which is currently the end of September with no application confirmed to extend it.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I'm surprised Alison Hammond has never gone back in (this time as a celebrity). But I guess she has always distanced herself from her BB past.
BR
Brekkie
Too famous probably.
JC
JCB
I could've sworn she did 'Ultimate Big Brother' but according to wikipedia apparently not!

11 days later

UT
Upload TV
Endemol have extended their planning permission for the Big Brother house to 3 years which would suggest the show has been renewed or has been picked up by another network.
SJ
sjhoward
Endemol have extended their planning permission for the Big Brother house to 3 years which would suggest the show has been renewed or has been picked up by another network.

Could it not just be that they're hedging their bets? Lodging a planning application wouldn't take a lot of time/money in the grand scheme of things, and having planning permission doesn't mean that they have to use it.
OR
orange
It’s not suggested anything, it doesn’t mean it’s renewed or picked up, it’s probably in preparation of one of those things happening in the future. It’s what C4 and Endemol did before C5 picked it up.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I have never heard of Ash Sarkar before, so knowing that they are asking her to be on CBB is of no huge shock. Practically all of the housemates these days are people I've never heard of.

Although, judging by this morning she wouldn't have been that bad a shout.

Newer posts