This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IT
Ittr
Orange coming up graphic now.
CHOOSE A COLOUR, BBC!
Josh, Stuart and harshy gave kudos
HA
harshy Founding member
Red clocks, orange clocks, different font weights, there’s no consistency to anything, it’s just not good.
BB
BBI45
Back to GMB I go.
IT
Ittr
BBI45 posted:
Back to GMB I go.

GMB will probably gain some viewers today thanks to this very poorly implemented "revamp" of Breakfast.
BB
BBI45
BBI45 posted:
Back to GMB I go.

GMB will probably gain some viewers today thanks to this very poorly implemented "revamp" of Breakfast.

I doubt the number will be that high, but I'm sure at least a few will jump ship.

EDIT: Looking on Twitter, reaction is minimal. As I said, likely to have little effect on ratings.
Luke B, harshy and Ittr gave kudos
MI
m_in_m
There is a little inconsistency in graphics used for the coming up sequence. Those directl before throwing to the regions use red and BBC News style lower thirds where as earlier in the programme they used the orange graphics that occupy just the lower third left side.
LB
Luke B
The 7am Start had the same graphics but with a different drone shot. And I could barely see 59 written over that lighting.
HA
harshy Founding member
Are these the most shortest titles in BBC Breakfast history?, I think it is.
BB
BBI45
Pros (so far):
Nice music

Cons (so far):
Consistency clearly got too drunk at the pub celebrating the World Cup match
Titles? What titles?
6:5?

Early conclusion: If there was an award for the 'Disappointment of the Year', this would certainly be in the running, if not the winner.
Last edited by BBI45 on 25 June 2018 7:24am - 2 times in total
Lou Scannon, Ittr and Luke B gave kudos
HA
harshy Founding member
Carol holding up the old BBC Breakfast card with disco, please come back.
NR
NthnRw
rob posted:

The time is even set in Arial, not Swiss (or whichever Helvetica variant the BBC use)
TF
TellyFan
I don't think James Mobbs can't be trusted anymore. Wink

Newer posts