The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 2018 Refresh

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
At least reupholster the sofa and drop the harsh BBC News red - in lieu of a complete new set just having a fresher and friendlier colour scheme would make a huge difference.
Hayden, Rkolsen and Ittr gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
So Aberdeen is now between Belfast and Leeds and Norwich is over on Anglesey?
CU
Custard56
So the title sequence is just a sting now, from what I'm interpreting on here? (Not able to watch at the moment.) Oh dear.
ST
Stuart
Let's just hope that if they go for a new set next year, they also create some proper titles too.
NE
Newsroom
A load of fuss and nonsense about nothing. Unless the 7 and 8 hours have proper openers, and real changes - this is the most hyped nothing ever. I cannot believe the background in the studio is still the same. What a joke.

Refresh? What refresh? Nothing is in sync. Disco ball theme still linger in the backdrop.

Yawn.
MO
Moz
There’s a tricky balance between being too conceited and too minimalistic. Too conceited and you lose the urgency of a news programme, too minimalistic and it’s hardly worth having the titles at all.

They’ve got this balance wrong I think - bit more conceit please! It’s lovely, we just need more of it.
AL
alexhb01
The new music is quite nice!
ST
Stuart
Headlines at 06:18, with orange lower third that doesn't match anything else.
HA
harshy Founding member
The new music is quite nice!

It’s too short and you can barely hear it.
lukeshep and Mouseboy33 gave kudos
RK
Rkolsen
Yikes.

I say if they want to show Media City they should have started out with the BBC Logo on the building and back out to show the greater Media City complex. Where then the breakfast logo appears.
IT
Ittr
It's basically the same. No set changes, no graphics changes, only the titles, music and wipes were changed.
Rather disappointing to be honest. Also, with the old look disco balls and colour scheme still on the screens, it leaves it looking very, very inconsistent.

Anyway, here's the opening:
RO
rob Founding member

Newer posts