TV Home Forum

UTV rebrand

New look to bring it in line with ITV (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
So June 25th is the confirmed date of their move to the new studio?
ST
South Today
So June 25th is the confirmed date of their move to the new studio?

No its a week later. Albeit it is believed there will be a soft launch with the Sunday night teatime bulletin.
LS
Lou Scannon
Presumably, the one studio - modestly-sized though it doubtless is - has enough space for a UTV Life* set opposite the news set. And I anticipate that the news set itself will be used in re-dressed form, for View From Stormont (exactly like how the ITV News Cymru Wales set gets re-dressed for Sharp End

Not quite, the new View from Stormont set is already standing directly opposite the UTV News set.

I imagine that space will be used for UTV Life also. Perhaps those graphic panels are changeable.

I wouldn't be surprised if each of those vertical panels in the View From Stormont set will get rotated 180 degrees, and they have a suitable design for a UTV Life backdrop on the reverse.
LS
Lou Scannon
Please. PLEASE. PLEASE let the building move be used as an opportunity for UTV Life to adopt a totally new logo.

The "folded ribbons" font currently used for the word "Life" in the logo is an abomination against humanity.

I was disappointed that it didn't change coinciding with the revision to incorporate the new U(tv) logo, seeings as the news and the political programme got a proper new look at that time.
PF
PFML84
Yes, it is a rather cringy looking logo, but then again, the entire programme is 30 minutes of cringe and I can't imagine many people even care about it. Still, gives Pamela something to do I suppose apart from advertising furniture all the time in the ad breaks.
JK
JKDerry
Yes, it is a rather cringy looking logo, but then again, the entire programme is 30 minutes of cringe and I can't imagine many people even care about it. Still, gives Pamela something to do I suppose apart from advertising furniture all the time in the ad breaks.

Is there any idea what the ratings are for UTV Life? Just to think UTV were the ones who gave us the Kelly Show every Friday night live from a proper studio from 1989-2005, and now in 2018 we get this.
UT
Upload TV
It says on the events section on the TV Fourm home page the move will happen 25th June but yet Paul Clark tweeted out it would be the 3rd July. What is the actual date of the move?
JK
JKDerry
It says on the events section on the TV Fourm home page the move will happen 25th June but yet Paul Clark tweeted out it would be the 3rd July. What is the actual date of the move?

Hang on 3rd July is a Tuesday, they wouldn't launch a new look and new studio on a Tuesday would they?
DM
DeeMartie
It's the 2nd of July according to Paul Clark
bkman1990 and Upload TV gave kudos
DE
DE88

Hang on 3rd July is a Tuesday, they wouldn't launch a new look and new studio on a Tuesday would they?

BBC Weather's new look launched on a Tuesday.

The BBC News virtual studio launched on a Tuesday in April 1993, too (although the previous day was Easter Monday).

Smile Wink
IS
Inspector Sands
So this video is a bit premature?
DB
dbl
Yikes, the white balance for the weather forecast is appalling. Julian's been tango'ed.

Newer posts