TV Home Forum

Eurovision 2018

Winner - Israel - KAN - Netta Barzilai 'Toy' (May 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JM
JamesM0984
Jon posted:
But it’s also apart of the tradition of the forum. He may be boring but the forum would be a more boring place without him.

I'll accept that. To be honest it's more interesting than the merry go round of Jersualem vs. Tel Aviv / will Cyprus or Austria host instead on the Facebook groups.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I love Eurovision. I even spent a fortune on flying to Lisbon and enjoying all six shows (jury and broadcast) for the first time in my life.

However, TT never interacts with others in the conversation and pops up to give some sort of detailed running commentary for Eurovision. He also does it for Children In Need.

It's bizarre, but I am aware it isn't actually an act.

I'm aware of what he does but you couldn't actually say 'oh my God who cares' when it's literally about the subject on this thread. I can't see the harm in it, Eurovision has many fans like that?

Actually the "who cares" thing has been running for some time now as well, and I've used the meme (and probably slightly worse I dare say) to good effect and Mr Tower has actually gone to the trouble of giving ME kudos on occasion for stuff I have thrown at him, including that meme!

The history of Mr Tower and the internet personality he has chosen to adopt here is documented through the posting history. It became obvious a while back that is how he writes - check his Twitter feed - and I would also probably say that if he was genuinely upset at what gets thrown at him here he wouldn't come back every six months to tell everybody about the latest entry on his blog re: RND/CiN/Eurovision/etc. Indeed, a throwaway comment I made on the Red Nose Day 2015 thread, he apparently found more funny than anything else broadcast that night. I can only deduce that either I'm genuinely hilarious or he's easily pleased.
TG
TG
It's not just us who get his reports, either. He patronises full on Eurovision fans over on Facebook, too. Dull, but ultimately easy enough to scroll past.
MD
MrDexB
TG posted:
It's not just us who get his reports, either. He patronises full on Eurovision fans over on Facebook, too. Dull, but ultimately easy enough to scroll past.

Really? I've not seen him on the Eurovision Fan Club pages on Facebook, either the official UK or the biggest worldwide group there is on Facebook.
TT
Tumble Tower
Well blow me down! I can remember, back in 2008, when I posted an in-depth review of the ESC 2008 Grand Final right here on TV Forum, and later on lists of countries still waiting for their first win etc. Back the some complained my posts were too long and someone said "Get a blog".

So that's precisely what I did eventually, since 2011 I've had a Blogger.com blog, and post my long reports there. Not just Eurovision Song Contest related ones, but also ones about my trips to amusement parks with the Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain, and some of my own trips. Having a blog allows me to present some of the information (e.g. countries still waiting for their first ESC win) as a sortable table rather than a list. I can then link to relevant reports from relevant places to reach my intended target audience.

Unfortunately this time I was appallingly slow and sluggish at writing my two in-depth reports about the ESC 2018 Grand Final, I tended to write a tiny bit at a time when I felt like it, but sadly it's become the way I go about tasks generally these days. Consequently my Grand Final reports, statistics and league tables appeared this far into June, when ideally all that lot should have been finished, on my blog and linked to from the relevant places before the end of May (ideally within 10 days of the ESC 2018 Grand Final). Maybe people would have still been more eager to read reviews of the ESC 2018 Grand Final late May 2018 than now.

As for putting links to my reports here, well why not? This is a thread about the Eurovision Song Contest 2018, so links to my blog belong here. I've also put links from several ESC groups on Facebook, but that's so as many people as possible can see my links and read the reports if they wish.
JM
JamesM0984
TG posted:

Really? I've not seen him on the Eurovision Fan Club pages on Facebook, either the official UK or the biggest worldwide group there is on Facebook.

He normally posts road signs - in a choice of Motorway or Primary Route colours - which depict the days until the three shows take place.
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
I think it's time to bring back an old TVForum favourite:
DV
DVB Cornwall
Reuters have had a brainstorm

AG
AxG
Prince William's got more hair then ever now.

Newer posts