The Newsroom

FOX NEWS CHANNEL Debuts new newsroom/Studio

The channel has finally releases pics of its bright newsroom (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NY
NYTV
I thought I read last year that News International had brought space downtown in 1 World Trade Centre for Fox News new newsroom/studios?

What happened to that, if they've spent all those greenbacks on rebuilding the 2nd floor of the current building?

That was the original idea, but it was later revealed to cost more money in the long run. Instead, they are expanding in their current location. Studio N is also on the second floor, where ex- chief Roger Ailes had his office.
LL
London Lite Founding member
10 whole minutes of self congratulatory nonsense. Oh well, a break from brown nosing Trump I suppose?
BR
Brekkie
Just another example that you don't really need much for a great studio when you have a nice newsroom behind. Put some glass between them, ad a screen or news-wall of sorts and that's it.

If Sky did the same with their new newsroom it would be a perfect alternative to the glass box instead of the lifeless mess they got.

Exactly - the issue with the glass box has always been more about what is outside the box rather than whats inside.
Stuart and EastEngland gave kudos
MO
Mouseboy33
10 whole minutes of self congratulatory nonsense. Oh well, a break from brown nosing Trump I suppose?

Now now. There wasnt 10mins on that clip. Lets not throw stones. Im not defending Faux News...but lets be fair. If you worked in dump for 20 years you'd crow a bit.
The BBC had a bit of a crow when they moved. So let them have their moment as well.

Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 23 January 2018 12:53am

60 days later

IN
Independent
The newsroom view is good for DTL but using the studio for a show is a bit less impressive due to the size of it.
http://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/03/20/fox-news-americas-newsroom-temporary/
http://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/americas-newsroom.jpg

88 days later

LL
The new Fox and Friends First studio debuted today.

Soft area.

AG
AxG
That's not a desk, that's an oversized tea trolley with those wheels, at least the shelves and ornaments won't need cleaning.
MO
Mouseboy33
Creepy weird blonde clones. Think they assemble them in the FNC basement. With flexi-legs and Roger-Ailes-mandated short skirts in solid colours.
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 21 June 2018 4:50am
LL

RK
Rkolsen

Looks good. Surprised they didn’t go with robotics -I think their other studios have robotic pedestals or at the minimum PTZ heads.

Also the cameras are Ikegami are they good? I’ve seen them used in the small brick configuration like the Sony P1 that put out good quality at 1080i but what about handheld and the ease of use? I’ve heard cameramen hate them when it comes to sports.

AxG posted:
That's not a desk, that's an oversized tea trolley with those wheels, at least the shelves and ornaments won't need cleaning.

It’s pretty big. Do you think it breaks apart to smaller pieces or is just moved out of the way when not used.

Edit : Looks like there are PTZ heads.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 20 June 2018 6:43pm
IN
Independent
There's a bit on that studio at Newscast Studio:
http://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/06/04/fox-news-studio-j-set-design/
Quote:
“We continually update and invest in our studios, set technology and show looks. Studio J has always been an important studio for many show productions and special events. It is also one of our largest studios. We now have 14 studios between our New York Headquarters, D.C. and L.A. bureaus , so there is always a studio project in the works,” said Blangiforti.

That's excessive and seems unnecessary.
They really do have money to burn. At least it keeps people employed.
RK
Rkolsen
There's a bit on that studio at Newscast Studio:
http://www.newscaststudio.com/2018/06/04/fox-news-studio-j-set-design/
Quote:
“We continually update and invest in our studios, set technology and show looks. Studio J has always been an important studio for many show productions and special events. It is also one of our largest studios. We now have 14 studios between our New York Headquarters, D.C. and L.A. bureaus , so there is always a studio project in the works,” said Blangiforti.

That's excessive and seems unnecessary.
They really do have money to burn. At least it keeps people employed.

It’s not that excessive I think (by US standards). NBC has atleast 10 studios on the east coast dedicated to the news division (five in New York, four in DC in two locations and one in Miami). Granted not all are used but they are used on a fairly regular basis. Then there are two in LA, one joint CNBC one in San Francisco plus two mini studios (a bit more than a DTL studio in Chicago and Dallas). That’s off the top of my head and not including the Telemundo ones that are shared.

Edit Should be noted that probably several of the Fox and NBC studios aren’t huge elaborate ones but rather small ones where there’s just enough room for the camera and a set. The cameras may be on a locked down pedestal with PTZ height drive if they aren’t PTZ themselves. Also many likely don’t have any sort of control room or if they do it’s rudimentary as most of the shows are driven from NYC or DC.
Last edited by Rkolsen on 21 June 2018 11:58am
Independent and Mouseboy33 gave kudos

Newer posts