The Newsroom

BBC World News | 30th October 2017 Onwards

(October 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SS
SuperSajuuk
It appears the engineering works in C were completed, as Newsday is broadcasting as normal from C and not from the virtual studio.
HA
harshy Founding member
Looks like they fixed the light boxes as well 👍🏼
RN
Rolling News
Would have been interesting to see Newsday from the virtual studio or even the NC studio.

Ah well.
HA
harshy Founding member
Looks like they fixed the light boxes as well 👍🏼

Oh no the dud colour scheme is still there Sad and the vamp level for the Briefing still too low Sad
RK
Rkolsen
Well I imagine they’re getting to the end of their useful life. LEDs I recall were rated for something like 5-7 years of 24 hour use and studio c is getting there.
HA
harshy Founding member
Seemed to be ok during Newsday, they’ve changed the colour for BBC World News and any news programme using the BBC World News new colour scheme just looks really odd and some of us thought it was a fault.

If this make sense great but the audio is restrained and it’s not confident almost like the director is constantly fading the sound down.

Whatever maintenance they carried out must have been for the robotic cameras.
Last edited by harshy on 18 June 2018 8:35am
LI
liamfromnz
I just wish they went back to the original studio camera pan, I feel it just doesn't work as it sits now.
Original:

Current:
Last edited by liamfromnz on 18 June 2018 12:00pm - 2 times in total
RK
Rkolsen
Seemed to be ok during Newsday, they’ve changed the colour for BBC World News and any news programme using the BBC World News new colour scheme just looks really odd and some of us thought it was a fault.

If this make sense great but the audio is restrained and it’s not confident almost like the director is constantly fading the sound down.

Whatever maintenance they carried out must have been for the robotic cameras.

I thought he dolly and lift component looked different. They look more like the newer Furios.

https://www.rossvideo.com/products-services/acquisition-production/robotic-camera-systems/studio-robotics/
BR
Brekkie
You can tell World News very rarely seems to break important stories in its generic 30 minute bulletins, unlike the News Channel. The whole 1am news broadcast has made no reference to the news breaking out of Glasgow tonight, in that the Mackintosh Building has caught fire again. Even tweeted by BBCBreaking, but not getting the Breaking treatment in the ticker or by the presenter. Maybe it’ll get mentioned in the NC opt out.

Backing up a couple of nights and a few pages but I think this is how breaking news like this should be handled. It was covered, but just briefly and they moved on. Unless it is a major dominating story any breaking news should just flow into the half hour or full hour news cycle and enable viewers tuning in to get a bulletin of the news to get that rather than tireless, often uninformed, speculation. Gather the facts about the breaking news off screen and then return to it later in the hour when there is actually something to report.
HA
harshy Founding member
They’ve reverted to the original BBC News colour scheme for today’s The Briefing Smile now hopefully they can increase the sound of the starting vamp like the videos on day 1.

Edit: Business Live back to normal studio colour scheme too Very Happy titles still muffled and restrained.
Last edited by harshy on 19 June 2018 8:34am - 3 times in total
IN
Independent
It would be great if they could use Studio E overnights if there weren't any technical, staffing or financial obstables. It being not London-centric is helpful as opposed to "Broadcasting to viewers in North America..." and you see a view of London.
I remember others saying on the forum the newsroom would look empty but I didn't notice that and it was over the weekend. Empty-looking or not, the newsroom backdrop looks better. That's just my opinion.
RK
Rkolsen
It would be great if they could use Studio E overnights if there weren't any technical, staffing or financial obstables. It being not London-centric is helpful as opposed to "Broadcasting to viewers in North America..." and you see a view of London.
I remember others saying on the forum the newsroom would look empty but I didn't notice that and it was over the weekend. Empty-looking or not, the newsroom backdrop looks better. That's just my opinion.

MSNBC uses a backdrop of 30 Rock. It’s dynamic where some shows have screen on each side of the tower where graphics appear and with the Today windows as well or they use what it look like in real life.

I think since BBC World brands on NBH and the images are shown frequently a live feed from All Souls Church at night. Maybe show the journalists memorial.

Newer posts