The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast

From 6am (April 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Newsroom
James Mobbs confirmed on Twitter that the refresh will happen at some point this week. Most likely today (Monday).

Refresh won't be happening this week, still finishing touches coming together so will be later in the month (source @jamesmobbs)

We can surely deduce from this they are moving to a new set. There is definitely new music, as Mobbs commented on Twitter that Chris Cook liked the new music.

I hope they get that space used by Sport for the Olympics, perfect backdrop for the regional output too.
Custard56 and gordonthegopher gave kudos
BB
BBI45
James Mobbs confirmed on Twitter that the refresh will happen at some point this week. Most likely today (Monday).

Refresh won't be happening this week, still finishing touches coming together so will be later in the month (source @jamesmobbs)

We can surely deduce from this they are moving to a new set. There is definitely new music, as Mobbs commented on Twitter that Chris Cook liked the new music.

I hope they get that space used by Sport for the Olympics, perfect backdrop for the regional output too.

For reference:

:-(
A former member
Not entirely sure we can deduce that.
NE
Newsroom
Not entirely sure we can deduce that.

The studio currently in use will need to be gutted and rebuilt if Breakfast are staying in there. If rehearsals are underway, which we can assume they are - this could well explain the delay. This is bound to be a ‘new look’ and not a refresh as seen in Wales Today. Chris Cook said himself ‘Fresh start’. By the sounds of it David Lowe is revamping the countdowns too, citing Martine Croxhall’s delight at being included.
A former member
Why?
SO
southern_boy
Obviously I can’t say too much, but there is no new set...for now...
NE
Newsroom

Why what?
NE
Newsroom
Obviously I can’t say too much, but there is no new set...for now...

That’s a damn shame if they we are getting a new look. The UK’s most watched breakfast show deserves a little love in the studio department. IMO the most dated set among all BBC news output.

That space used by sport (shown above) is absolutely perfect as a multifunctional studio space for BBC output.
A former member

Why what?

Why does the studio need to be gutted and rebuilt?
A former member
Is this going to be a decent refresh, or will it be like when a region goes rogue and changes everything to Arial?
DK
DanielK
Is this going to be a decent refresh, or will it be like when a region goes rogue and changes everything to Arial?

It’s by James Mobbs so it’ll no doubt be amazing.
VM
VMPhil

"We liked BBC Reith, but we thought for Breakfast we'd go in a more suitable, friendly direction. We're therefore pleased to announce all our graphics will now be produced using a mixture of Curlz and Comic Sans MS!"

Newer posts