The Newsroom

ITV Granada Lookaround Calendar Reports

Northern regions combine bulletins today (June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
A combined regional broadcast focusing on Northern Rail airs in the Granada, Border and Yorkshire regions tonight with Tony Morris and Christine Talbot.
NL
Ne1L C
Thought I'd got Granada on for a sec.
BR
Brekkie
Dedicated intro with dedicated titles, branded ITV News Northern Rail Special. Indeed considering they easily update the titles for specials would be nice to see all the ITV regions get refreshed images.
Last edited by Brekkie on 11 June 2018 6:16pm
Lou Scannon and Ben Shatliff gave kudos
JO
Johnr
This special is going to achieve precisely nothing, sadly.
AN
Andrew Founding member
And we’ve now got a round up of the rest of today’s news, presumably a 4 way opt out.

Nice dedicated opening titles used tonight.
BR
Brekkie
Endcap crediting Border, Calendar and Granada with the hashtag #ONENORTH
SP
Steve in Pudsey
What did Tyne Tees get? Thought they would also be affected by the Rail story.
AN
Andrew Founding member
They have a small self contained Northern network in Tyne Tees area which hasn’t been effected, so I’m guessing they got their normal programme.

Of course Transpennine Express has been all over the place over the last few weeks as well, and that could have been a way of including Tyne Tees, but the media haven’t noticed that yet. It took them about a week to notice it wasn’t just Thameslink and Great Northern effected, so maybe they will notice that by next week.
PT
Paul T
Endcap crediting Border, Calendar and Granada with the hashtag #ONENORTH

Randomly Border ducked out to go to the weather on the wide shot of Preston station before the endcap appeared.
TE
tesandco Founding member
I actually thought the ITV continuity leading in to the programme was going to be something completely generic, given it started off with that old classic 'now the news where you are', but it then continued to acknowledge the special show.

The opening, for those who missed it this evening (and don't just have access to the full show anywhere else):-

So... has anyone played the fun game of working out where all the location co-ordinates from the titles are, and seeing if they are pan-regional too?
Spencer, Lou Scannon and dbl gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Johnr posted:
This special is going to achieve precisely nothing, sadly.

Well, it saves money I presume. The Beeb have done the same a couple of times with flooding coverage.
I'm not sure what 'viewer value' it adds either.
CW
CraigWills
What did Tyne Tees get? Thought they would also be affected by the Rail story.

Tyne Tees had a normal 6pm programme with Pam and Ian. The Northern story hasn’t really affected the North East.

Newer posts