TV Home Forum

CITV at Gas Street

(May 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
[quote="Whataday" pid="1117376"]

Of course, Scottish TV's involvement in the Rupert TV series is only due to the fact that TVS co-produced the first series and as with most of their kids shows they transferred with Nigel Pickard.

To be fair to Scottish TV, it had already kids department and had created a few animated series, so STV were in a good place to deal with the other four series.
JA
james-2001
DE88 posted:

And, of course, Rupert remains in the Express to this day. Wink

And therefore, probably only one who features regularly in that paper who hasn't been accused at some point of being a member of a Prince Phillip led plot who murdered Princess Diana...

..(yet)

But he is a bear, and there haven't been any bears in the UK for 1000 years, so he must be an immigrant- where's the Express outrage on that? :-p

Obviously Paddington needs deporting straight back to Peru as well.
Hatton Cross, DE88 and Lou Scannon gave kudos

81 days later

KE
kernow
Just watching the Lenny Henry Birthday Show, and in a clip from Tiswas (Trevor McDoughnut), the on-screen credit stated "LWT / ITV"

Given that Tiswas was always made by ATV/Central, it seems a bit strange for there to a be a credit for LWT, which I'm assuming is a mistake.
MA
Markymark
Just watching the Lenny Henry Birthday Show, and in a clip from Tiswas (Trevor McDoughnut), the on-screen credit stated "LWT / ITV"

Given that Tiswas was always made by ATV/Central, it seems a bit strange for there to a be a credit for LWT, which I'm assuming is a mistake.

It's what comes of having people that wern't even alive when Tiswas was on, making programmes about it.
JA
james-2001
When you have programmes full of talking heads of people who couldn't possibly have seen what they're talking about...
SW
Steve Williams
When you have programmes full of talking heads of people who couldn't possibly have seen what they're talking about...

...that's called a history programme.

Although the LWT caption looked a bit odd, all the clips were credited to their respective rights holders, so I can't imagine the production team were just guessing, they were presumably told to credit it like that.
JA
james-2001

Do those shows with people telling us how **** TV in the 70s and 80s was, when they weren't even alive at the time, really class as "history"? Razz
MA
Markymark

Do those shows with people telling us how **** TV in the 70s and 80s was, when they weren't even alive at the time, really class as "history"? Razz

I've been watching the Crown on Netflix. It's actually better than I was expecting, it's UK production team etc.
However there are broadcast related howlers, like 'This is the BBC (Radio) News from Alexandra Palace , (and spoken in a jaunty DJ tone !) and seemingly live coverage of the 1953 coronation being viewed by The Duke of Windsor in the US.
Also the Queen Mum watching a telly on the north coast of Scotland in 1954 (err, no)
SW
Steve Williams

Well, the shows with Lucy Worsley and Dan Snow talking about things that happened when they weren't alive are.
HC
Hatton Cross

Unless.. (and I'm not excusing sloppy captioning here) the footage used came via the 'Tiswas Rides Again' show from a few years back, which 'may' have been an LWT production - hence the odd LWT credited caption.
KE
kernow

Unless.. (and I'm not excusing sloppy captioning here) the footage used came via the 'Tiswas Rides Again' show from a few years back, which 'may' have been an LWT production - hence the odd LWT credited caption.

You mean Tiswas Reunited? That was made in 2007 by ITV Productions, but was recorded at the London Studios, which may explain the LWT credit (if the footage was from that programme).
CO
commseng

I've been watching the Crown on Netflix. It's actually better than I was expecting, it's UK production team etc.
However there are broadcast related howlers, like 'This is the BBC (Radio) News from Alexandra Palace , (and spoken in a jaunty DJ tone !) and seemingly live coverage of the 1953 coronation being viewed by The Duke of Windsor in the US.
Also the Queen Mum watching a telly on the north coast of Scotland in 1954 (err, no)

I haven't seen The Crown, but I wonder if someone saw that radio news came from TVC and assumed therefore in the past it would have come from AP?
As for TV in the north of Scotland in 1954, she can't have seen it live, it must have been a VHS recording.

Newer posts