TV Home Forum

The X Factor 2018

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Revolution
There's nothing new to say about the X Factor is there? A tired old programme in desperate need of someone, anyone to throw in the towel.

Music shows have been done to death. What ITV should have been doing is trialling out some new light entertainment shows with a view to replace TXF for autumn 2018.

It still rates better than most other shows that they try to fill that slot with.
Quote:
Obviously there is talent in this country, but Syco have shown time and time again they don't know how to mould raw talent into superstars. But of course, the onus is on the singers to make use of that opportunity.

One Direction, Little Mix, Olly Murs, and many others all beg to differ.

And Leon Jackson, Steve Brookstein and many others say otherwise in terms of management.

Leona Lewis was the show's breakthrough superstar and achieved a #1 single and album on her US Billboard debut. Syco got many things right with her, but they had no clue how to sustain her momentum.
Last edited by Revolution on 8 June 2018 1:12am
JO
Johnr
In a weird sort of way, I think the Got Talent franchise has slowly but surely hurt X Factor over the years, as you can see singers on that too but in a much more 'get on with it' sort of way, and if singers aren't your cup of tea there will be a magician or something to mix things up a little bit.

I only noticed today from the press article about Louis that even Ireland now have their own Got Talent series with Louis basically doing the Simon role of the judging panel!

I remember virtually nothing from the last series, but I did quite enjoy the Honey G series, Sharon and Nicole were definitely drinking something other than water during the live shows!

ONLY THE YOUNG!
PF
PFML84
As a gay, I dislike Cheryl and Dannii and dislike the X Factor even more, so whatever changes they make will never entice me as a viewer. The show is dying on its arse, if not practically dead already. Give it a rest for a few years or scrap it and get a new show on the air. One preferably without lots of the same old ITV cronies presenting/appearing.
WH
Whataday Founding member
As a gay, I dislike Cheryl and Dannii and dislike the X Factor even more, so whatever changes they make will never entice me as a viewer. The show is dying on its arse, if not practically dead already. Give it a rest for a few years or scrap it and get a new show on the air. One preferably without lots of the same old ITV cronies presenting/appearing.

It doesn't sound like X Factor was ever for you, and you're not the sort of viewer they're trying to attract.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
How is The Voice rating since it moved to ITV? If it's ratings are okay I think it would be better giving The Voice the Autumn slot and moving the X Factor so that it begins in Jan/Feb. Personally I wonder whether the X Factor would benefit from being rested for a year or two (or maybe it should have been a couple years ago). The press releases and 'news' in the run-up to the series in the past few years has become a bit of a farce. It's been a few years now since the winner of the X Factor won the Christmas number 1, so it's no longer necessary for the series finale to be just before Christmas.
BR
Brekkie
Not sure about this year but I think last year it actually averaged more than The X Factor. I think the biggest problem with The Voice on ITV is it is all rather quiet, especially with Dancing on Ice back which steals the reality TV headlines.
BR
Brekkie
Robbie Williams, Mel B and Ricky Martin in talks to join Simon according to The Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6486004/robbie-williams-replace-louis-walsh-x-factor/
:-(
A former member
Geri would be better value than Mel I’d say. Mel is all too often mean to be controversial.
BR
Brekkie
Which is why they'd hire her over Geri.
NE
Newsroom24
Robbie Williams, Mel B and Ricky Martin in talks to join Simon according to The Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/6486004/robbie-williams-replace-louis-walsh-x-factor/

Please not any of them.
AD
addlestones
Is Sharon going to be the fifth judge during the live shows or is the live panel going to be four judges? If so surely Simon is only looking for two new judges and not three?
JA
JAS84
I would've assumed fifth judge. How can you assign a judge a category when they haven't seen what the acts can do in the auditions?

Newer posts