TV Home Forum

The X Factor 2018

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JE
Jez Founding member
they also need to go back to the sing off at the end of the results show, that was usually the highlight of the live shows.
:-(
A former member
I’d be amazed if the bottom 2 sing off didn’t come back. They reverted back to their previous system on BGT so they’re not averse to admitting something isn’t working.

I think Dermot needs to go too. I love him, but he should never have come back. Random name but I’ve thought for a while that Katherine Ryan would be a good host. She’s funny, great fashion sense, loves trashy reality tv - she’d be perfect
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
The 'prizefight' sing off needs to be ditched. Nobody cared.
BR
Brekkie
She is a brilliant host but wouldn't want to see her burdened with this. Olly and Caroline were very much the scapegoats for the year they hosted but although a different approach might be welcome I'd only really be bumping Dermot for Ant and Dec.
WH
Whataday Founding member
There's such a void in young presenting talent due to the decline in kids/youth TV.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Yes presenters of the future now come through from reality TV instead. I expect in the absence of Dermot this show would be offered to Rylan.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Or possibly Greg James? So few to choose from.
TR
TROGGLES
And every year the papers fall for it... the Simon Cowell publicity at any cost routine. So far we have had his house burglary turned into a drama - a judge leaving the programme, what is the next non-story? no wonder newspaper circulation is dropping.
AN
Andrew Founding member
And every year the papers fall for it... the Simon Cowell publicity at any cost routine. So far we have had his house burglary turned into a drama - a judge leaving the programme, what is the next non-story? no wonder newspaper circulation is dropping.

It’s on the BBC News website as well, on the UK homepage just next to the House of Fraser story
RE
Revolution
There's nothing new to say about the X Factor is there? A tired old programme in desperate need of someone, anyone to throw in the towel.

Music shows have been done to death. What ITV should have been doing is trialling out some new light entertainment shows with a view to replace TXF for autumn 2018.

Obviously there is talent in this country, but Syco have shown time and time again they don't know how to mould raw talent into superstars. But of course, the onus is on the singers to make use of that opportunity.
:-(
A former member
There's nothing new to say about the X Factor is there? A tired old programme in desperate need of someone, anyone to throw in the towel.

Music shows have been done to death. What ITV should have been doing is trialling out some new light entertainment shows with a view to replace TXF for autumn 2018.

It still rates better than most other shows that they try to fill that slot with.
Quote:
Obviously there is talent in this country, but Syco have shown time and time again they don't know how to mould raw talent into superstars. But of course, the onus is on the singers to make use of that opportunity.

One Direction, Little Mix, Olly Murs, and many others all beg to differ.
UT
Upload TV
In my opinion X Factor is a tired out format, it needs to be scrapped!

Newer posts