The Newsroom

BBC Wales Today

Refresh June 2018 onwards (June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ID
Identity
I know it’s technically not bbc breakfast but it’s the most appropriate thread with words of rebranding ad changes. Does Bbc Wales news have a new theme tune?
LS
Lou Scannon
I know it’s technically not bbc breakfast but it’s the most appropriate thread with words of rebranding ad changes. Does Bbc Wales news have a new theme tune?

Shocked

Erm, surely an existing BBC Wales Today thread (if there is one) or creating a new BBC Wales Today thread (if there isn't already one) is the only logical place for your post.

Your assertion that a BBC Breakfast thread is the "most appropriate" one for a query regarding Wales Today's theme tune, makes about as much sense as posting a Top Gear query in a CBeebies thread.

EDIT: Just had a quick look at this evening's WT on iPlayer. Same theme tune as ever.
ID
Identity

Shocked

Erm, surely an existing BBC Wales Today thread (if there is one) or creating a new BBC Wales Today thread (if there isn't already one) is the only logical place for your post.

Your assertion that a BBC Breakfast thread is the "most appropriate" one for a query regarding Wales Today's theme tune, makes about as much sense as posting a Top Gear query in a CBeebies thread.

EDIT: Just had a quick look at this evening's WT on iPlayer. Same theme tune as ever.

Rolling Eyes bit over the top there... oh just sounds refreshed to me...
ID
Identity
Just watched it now on Bbc one and it is a less club mix version they use now and a bit softer of a theme
MD
mdtauk
Just watched it now on Bbc one and it is a less club mix version they use now and a bit softer of a theme

I just listened to it too... The trailing part of the theme, has been softened, but I can't tell you when it was tweaked.
SN
Silver Nemesis
This is being discussed, randomly, in the Breakfast thread but is noteworthy and deserves a proper mention.

Wales Today have had a bit of a refresh this week - they've ditched the music that they've been using for more than 10 years (!) since the last major rebrand. The theme isn't a drastic departure from the previous one but it's a rather nice new recording that is slightly less bombastic than the old.

They've also got rid of the extremely bland newsroom backdrop that they'd been using and now have a much more detailed and colourful version - it's now probably one of the nicer ones in use actually.

The titles are unfortunately the same as they've used for the last few years (the 2008 titles with the colour turned up to 11) but they've also got a new, cleaner version of the endboard in use on the screens.

Video:
Last edited by Silver Nemesis on 5 June 2018 11:58pm
SE
Seb

I just listened to it too... The trailing part of the theme, has been softened, but I can't tell you when it was tweaked.

Looks like the fake newsroom images have also been updated.
ID
Identity
Seb posted:

Looks like the fake newsroom images have also been updated.

Thank god they got rid of that flickering computer screen on the background image too. Looks more like Bbc news at 6 style background now with the glossy glass
ST
South Today
It cant be long now until BBC Wales makes the move from leafy suburbs of Llandaff to Cardiff city centre. I was in Cardiff at the weekend and the Norman Foster building opposite Cardiff Central station now looks almost finished. Certainly no small building at all - is it just going to be purely BBC use or shared use with other companies?
NG
noggin Founding member
It cant be long now until BBC Wales makes the move from leafy suburbs of Llandaff to Cardiff city centre. I was in Cardiff at the weekend and the Norman Foster building opposite Cardiff Central station now looks almost finished. Certainly no small building at all - is it just going to be purely BBC use or shared use with other companies?

I think it's at least a year if not longer away. The BBC have only just received the building from the developers. Now the SIs have to get in to start the tech install.
ST
South Today

I think it's at least a year if not longer away. The BBC have only just received the building from the developers. Now the SIs have to get in to start the tech install.

Thanks Noggin.
IS
Inspector Sands

They recently took some drone footage of the inside of the completed building:
https://youtu.be/F_QZXRFwOgg

Newer posts