The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
Charlesy
Romilly Weeks is presenting the Lunchtime News today.

Until recently I haven't been able to watch the Lunchtime News regularly - is this her first time?
GW
GarWill99

Until recently I haven't been able to watch the Lunchtime News regularly - is this her first time?

Nope IIRC she's done it a few times before now Smile
IT
itsrobert Founding member

No, Romilly was a fairly regular stand-in on most (if not all) bulletins a few years back. Definitely not her first time.
JW
JamesWorldNews
She also did News at Ten a while back.
RD
RDJ
Paul Brand presenting the morning and lunchtime bulletins today.

It's his first time behind the desk according to his Instagram.
TO
Towielad
RDJ posted:

He did occasionally do Calendar updates when he was part of Itv Yorkshire team, and he did present Thursday evening Itv political programs as well
JT
jolly turnip
RDJ posted:

He did occasionally do Calendar updates when he was part of Itv Yorkshire team, and he did present Thursday evening Itv political programs as well

Still does the latter I believe. And also for Tyne Tees
BK
bkman1990
Mary Nightingale did an excellent job on the ITV Evening News with the special reports from Grenfell.
BR
Brekkie
I do think the Evening News has transitioned to a single presenter better than some other bulletins have and that is largely thanks to Mary.
bkman1990, AMM and itsrobert gave kudos
IT
itsrobert Founding member
I think the Evening News and Lunchtime News are the go-to ITV News bulletins these days. Between Mary and Alastair, it's a dream team. The same can't be said of News at Ten especially when Tom or Rageh present. In fact, I rarely watch NAT anymore - I used to be a regular viewer before it was revamped.
PC
p_c_u_k
The News At Ten issue is a difficult one for ITV. They've tried reverting it back to how it looked before, and then going diametrically opposite and going as far into opinion mode as you can get within Ofcom rules, and they're still demolished by the BBC. They've tried replacing it with different shows at 10pm and they've been beaten by the Beeb (and hammered by opinion formers). As it stands, they're a little stuck.

You wonder if the Good Evening Britain experiment might be a kite in the wind to see if that takes off. If it performs well, they've got an on-air pilot, if it doesn't then it wasn't expected to be the next big thing and can be dismissed as a one-off.
JackTheTellyFan, London Lite and watchingtv gave kudos
CH
chris
Even if Good Evening Britain went well, it would be a massive gamble to replace News at Ten with that format. It would surely be based on Piers Morgan, and when he left they’d be left with a massive hole.

Newer posts