TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OS
OboeShoes
Whoever is in charge of this match needs to be sacked.

Oh, wait...
RD
rdd Founding member
This is quite possibly the worst sports OB I’ve ever seen on mainstream television.

I’m not watching but it would take some doing to beat United States v Ireland this time last year.
BR
Brekkie
I think therugbychannel.tv is the US "broadcaster". World Rugby have had to bail this match out as it fell 7000 ticket sales short of break even, and indeed USA Rugby sold therugbychannel.tv earlier this year as it was making a loss.
MY
MY83
Twitter full of the usual ignorami mouthing off.
JA
james-2001
Just wondering, does the French Open still have the "psst.... ahhh" sound effect before the ad breaks this year?
DV
dvboy
Yep.

I was listening to Radio Roland Garros on Thursday evening, they explained it's a Perrier advert that plays on the big screen on Philippe Chatrier court.
DV
dvboy
A bit late getting round to watching it but last Sunday's final stage of the Giro D'Italia, there was a live rewind just as they came back from the second break.
FO
FanOfTV99
Sky Sports Action just had a breakdown during their NFL Documentary and cut to their breakdown card with the Sky Symphony Music.
JA
JAS84
Sky Symphony? Didn't they have that in the tombstone era?
FO
FanOfTV99
JAS84 posted:
Sky Symphony? Didn't they have that in the tombstone era?

Oh sorry my mistake. It was Sky Bassophere. Where the hell did I get Symphony from?
DV
DVB Cornwall
Breaking

Discovery / Eurosport gain International PGA Golf rights for the next decade globally.
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 4 June 2018 11:24am
HC
Hatton Cross
Watching last nights Indy car coverage on BT Sport (which contained the always amusing 'start of the race being delayed because the 'guest' driver of the pace/safety car crashed into the wall during the pre-race parade laps') and the UK break filling commentators handed over to the US team with the words 'for the last time for the foreseeable future we hand over to the ABC commentary team in Detroit'

I take it then that ABC have thrown in the rights to Indycar coverage? So, does that mean ESPN will also loose the rights, or do they switch to them exclusively in the US. Or have they gone to another network. Like NBCSN, for instance, who must be rather light on motorsport since they lost F1 coverage to ESPN from the start of the current season.

It does mean one thing though. I noticed the captions were still in the late 90's ABC style.
Must be the only set to go from that era, survive the 3d/glass and bevelled era of graphic design, and back out again to today, where captions now resemble this rather more simple style.

Newer posts