TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Scorebar twice the size it needs to be but still quite restrained by US standards. Not telling you which team has the advantage or penalty though.
MY
MY83
Let's be grateful they've got a working clock at this rate.
MA
madmusician
This is quite possibly the worst sports OB I’ve ever seen on mainstream television.
DV
DVB Cornwall
For a Rugby Union match being played in the US it isn't that bad. We're seeing all the action decent timely replays and there are considerable numbers of cameras being used.
AG
AxG
I'm also here to say, that's one huge ugly scoreboard.
LL
London Lite Founding member
dvboy posted:
France 2 are doing the same as the BBC at Wimbledon when a French player is on court at Roland Garros, bumping scheduled programming.

France TV don't have full coverage of Roland Garros. For example today starts at 11:00 but they weren't scheduled to come on air on France 2 until 15:55.

That explains why there was daytime dirge in the early afternoon. France 4 takes over from France 2 at 20.00 (or earlier if it's not an important match) as they never dump the news, unlike the BBC during Wimbledon.
RO
robertclark125
Only other thing about the scoreboard, it doesn't have the teams colours with their names.
MY
MY83
For a Rugby Union match being played in the US it isn't that bad. We're seeing all the action decent timely replays and there are considerable numbers of cameras being used.

The Ire v NZ game shown on NBC a couple of years ago was infinitely better.

As for team colours - I've always seen that as an unneccesary addon for lazy people.
DJ
DJGM
A quick screengrab I just grabbed from TVPlayer . . .

http://djgm1974.kitamuracomputers.net/images/Channel4-Rugby--Wales-SouthAfrica--screengrab.png
BR
Brekkie
Who is broadcasting this in the US or is it an effort from USA Rugby?

No colours on scoreboard doesn't bother me but if they're targeting US market it would surely have helped.
BR
Brekkie
Main score graphic almost smaller than the scorebar.
BR
Brekkie
Test card time. Most interesting part of the match so far. Funnily enough a friendly test match thousands of miles away from either country doesn't create much atmosphere.

Newer posts