TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Is BBC One delaying Car Share due to overunning BGT?

The junction was over 3mins long.
FG
FraserGJ
What was that promo about BBC one about woman all about?

If it's the same promo I saw, it's for a new season of programmes marking 100 years since women got the vote called 'Hear Her':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/hear-her
DA
davidhorman
Has anyone noticed glitches on BBC One lately? I thought it was just one night the week before last, during Eastenders and Holby - a frame would flash up from a few seconds before. I think I spotted it about four or five times.

I've just spotted it again halfway through tonight's Eastenders, this time flashing up more than once and accompanied with a sound glitch.

It could be my Freesat box, although I've seen it both live and on recordings now.
NG
noggin Founding member
Has anyone noticed glitches on BBC One lately? I thought it was just one night the week before last, during Eastenders and Holby - a frame would flash up from a few seconds before. I think I spotted it about four or five times.

I've just spotted it again halfway through tonight's Eastenders, this time flashing up more than once and accompanied with a sound glitch.

It could be my Freesat box, although I've seen it both live and on recordings now.

Yes - though I thought it was my box (Sky HD) too. It was a very odd artefact - flash frame (but more than a frame) from 20" or so earlier. It does it consistently when replaying the recorded stream too, at exactly the same point, so I don't think it's a glitch in the decoder.
Last edited by noggin on 2 June 2018 5:34pm - 3 times in total
TI
TIGHazard

Yes - though I thought it was my box (Sky HD) too. It was a very odd artefact - flash frame (but more than a frame) from 20" or so earlier. It does it consistently when replaying the recorded stream.

I haven't been having that, but I've noticed dropouts on the audio for about a second or two when watching a BBC HD channel on Virgin (I have a Tivo, not V6 if that's any importance)

It's not an issue in SD. Happens about every 5 minutes or so, but never during the junctions.
GE
thegeek Founding member
What was that promo about BBC one about woman all about?

Was it perhaps for the Hear Her season?
LS
Lou Scannon
Was the season name "Hear Her" arrived at purely by changing one letter in the title of a 2006 Doctor Who episode?
Colorband, Josh and TIGHazard gave kudos
GE
thegeek Founding member
I don't know, but the graphic design appears to have been borrowed from 1996.
WO
Woodpecker
Was the season name "Hear Her" arrived at purely by changing one letter in the title of a 2006 Doctor Who episode?

I hear that there will soon be a season of programmes about hares. I understand it will be called "Here Hare Here".

Si-Co and Lou Scannon gave kudos
RO
Rory
Will Don't Scare the Hare be making a comeback? Razz
Woodpecker, gordonthegopher and Lou Scannon gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member

That told them didn't it.
JO
Jonny
This truly is the darkest timeline.

Newer posts