The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
South Today
Robert Hall presenting this evening on the News Channel, must be a few years since he last popped up?

They should have let his better half present instead - Mary Green of TVS/Meridian fame.
SO
southern_boy
Tina Daheley is presenting tonight's Six. A first for her, I believe.
SuperSajuuk and Critique gave kudos
VM
VMPhil

Has she been on the BBC News channel before or just Victoria Derbyshire?
LL
London Lite Founding member

I'm in a minority here, but I really don't rate Tina's delivery. Still too Radio 1 Newsbeat for my liking on what is the second most important bulletin of the day.
AS
AlexS
I can't work out why they would choose to have someone who has never presented any straight TV news head straight for the Six without any appearances on the News Channel, the One or the Weekend Bulletins. Reeta is on this lunchtime and Joanna has been on this morning so it isn't as though there is no-one more appropriate available.
MI
m_in_m
AlexS posted:
I can't work out why they would choose to have someone who has never presented any straight TV news head straight for the Six without any appearances on the News Channel, the One or the Weekend Bulletins. Reeta is on this lunchtime and Joanna has been on this morning so it isn't as though there is no-one more appropriate available.

Tina has presented the Victoria Derbyshire programme and Breakfast on numerous occasions so I'd suggest that provides evidence of her ability.

Presumably all the regions are now trying to sort out intros for tonights bulletin or running them live.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Daheley's delivery is fine for Derbyshire and Breakfast where her style of delivery suits the formats of the programme.

I think the only other BBC News bulletin she's presented are the youth skewed 8pm BBC One bulletins.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
One of the benefits of the NBH set up is that there is the chance to do a dry run in A or D. Not saying that it has happened, but I wouldn't bet against it.
RN
Rolling News

Shocked

Good luck to her though.
RN
Rolling News

Has she been on the BBC News channel before or just Victoria Derbyshire?

Just Victoria Derbyshire.
NE
Newsroom
AlexS posted:

I've never understood why Joanna Gosling was never utilised on the main bulletins more. She did a run of Saturday evenings and then stopped. I agree, there are far more suitable people who should be presenting the main bulletins.
Last edited by Newsroom on 29 May 2018 6:08pm
CR
Critique
For once in my life something I’ve predicted has came true! Have always rated Tina quite highly and thought she’d end up as one of the big names in BBC News one day...

Newer posts