« Topics
AlexS747 posts since 19 Oct 2016
Central (East) Midlands Today
I can't work out why they would choose to have someone who has never presented any straight TV news head straight for the Six without any appearances on the News Channel, the One or the Weekend Bulletins. Reeta is on this lunchtime and Joanna has been on this morning so it isn't as though there is no-one more appropriate available.
m_in_m1,666 posts since 22 Apr 2006
Anglia (East) Look East
I can't work out why they would choose to have someone who has never presented any straight TV news head straight for the Six without any appearances on the News Channel, the One or the Weekend Bulletins. Reeta is on this lunchtime and Joanna has been on this morning so it isn't as though there is no-one more appropriate available.

Tina has presented the Victoria Derbyshire programme and Breakfast on numerous occasions so I'd suggest that provides evidence of her ability.

Presumably all the regions are now trying to sort out intros for tonights bulletin or running them live.
London Lite10,720 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
Daheley's delivery is fine for Derbyshire and Breakfast where her style of delivery suits the formats of the programme.

I think the only other BBC News bulletin she's presented are the youth skewed 8pm BBC One bulletins.
Newsroom1,720 posts since 2 Mar 2005 Recently warned

I've never understood why Joanna Gosling was never utilised on the main bulletins more. She did a run of Saturday evenings and then stopped. I agree, there are far more suitable people who should be presenting the main bulletins.
Last edited by Newsroom on 29 May 2018 6:08pm
Formerly News Room
WARNED x 2
Worzel gave kudos
No further posts are being accepted for this topic