TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
steddenm
How come the voiceover at the top of the hour still says “[DATE] - live from the itv studios in London - this is Good Morning Britain with...”.

Am I missing something?
WH
Whataday Founding member
How come the voiceover at the top of the hour still says “[DATE] - live from the itv studios in London - this is Good Morning Britain with...”.

Am I missing something?

Yes, about 40 pages of discussion.

It doesn't say "live from the ITV Studios in London"

It says "live from ITV Studios in London"

But either way, ITV Studios produces the programme. ITV Studios rents the studio.
Last edited by Whataday on 23 May 2018 4:46pm
AA
Aaron_2015
Nice to see Charlotte filling in for Piers this morning, as opposed to Kate or Ranvir. I don’t think Susanna and Charlotte have presented together for a couple of years. I can see why they wanted to increase Kate’s role in place of Charlotte, but I really don’t see Ranvir as a stronger broadcaster, and I’m not sure why she began to replace Charlotte as cover a few years ago.
WM
W M

Am I missing something?

Yes, about 40 pages of discussion.

It doesn't say "live from the ITV Studios in London"

It says "live from ITV Studios in London"

But either way, ITV Studios produces the programme. ITV Studios hires the studio.

Is it not produced actually by ITV Breakfast Limited, a subsidiary of ITV Studios?
VM
VMPhil
‘Live from ITV Breakfast, a subsidiary of ITV Studios, and BBC Studioworks at Television Centre in London, this is Good Morning Britain!’

Doesn’t quite roll off the tongue.
JK
JKDerry
‘Live from ITV Breakfast, a subsidiary of ITV Studios, and BBC Studioworks at Television Centre in London, this is Good Morning Britain!’

Doesn’t quite roll off the tongue.

It is simple, the voice over should say - "Live from Television Centre in London, this is Good Morning Britain ..."
JO
Joe
Literally. Nobody. Cares.
JK
JKDerry
Joe posted:
Literally. Nobody. Cares.

Apparently they do, as it has been mentioned a lot on here.
DE
deejay
*Bangs head on desk*. I rarely check this thread, but I see people are still discussing the bleedin’ voiceover!
AJ, Newsroom24 and dosxuk gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
Just tune in at 6:01 and you won't have to worry about it.
JK
JKDerry

I tune in now and again, and I find it funny people are still talking about it. I think it is because they have moved to BBC Studios and they insist on calling it still ITV Studios.
DO
dosxuk

I tune in now and again, and I find it funny people are still talking about it. I think it is because they have moved to BBC Studios and they insist on calling it still ITV Studios.

They haven't moved to BBC Studios though. They are using BBC Studioworks as facilities, but we don't hear facility companies credited like that anywhere else so why should they here.

Newer posts