The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
A small studio with low height can look ropey on wide shots with lots of black in the top of shot and a multitude of lights visible.

See also: Breakfast/NWT
MW
Mike W
Low (ie normal office type) ceiling height is a big problem in a lot of these studios. A small studio floor with a decent height grid can look pretty good. Midlands Today’s studio isn’t massive but does have good height. Even Oxford’s tiny studio has good ceiling height. A small studio with low height can look ropey on wide shots with lots of black in the top of shot and a multitude of lights visible.

MTD's studio had a mezzanine floor when it was first built as office space, once the plans were finalised they removed the mezz and turned it into a lighting grid (which also has the apps room above the gallery on the mezzanine that was originally over the studio that was just a plain old conference room.
I particularly am fond of their 'scene dock' doors which are just two thick office doors with seals around them to soundproof.
ST
South Today
Does anyone know if Clare launched the new set at lunchtime today please?
LH
lhx1985
She did not.
Had a look in at the start of the opt - she was still sat in the conference room.
ST
South Today
She did not.
Had a look in at the start of the opt - she was still sat in the conference room.

Thanks! Maybe this evening but hey time will tell.
LH
lhx1985
Not if the 6pm BBC News headlines sequence is anything to go by.
RD
RDJ

AN
Andrew Founding member
So how long have Look North had the same titles and music?
LL
London Lite Founding member
On the final bulletin from the meeting room, instead of Phil looking at the plasma to do the two way with the weather presenter, they used a split screen instead.

Still that studio would put any That's TV set-up to shame.
HA
harshy Founding member
That’s a shame I preferred their temporary studio it had a nice real backdrop.
SP
Spencer

So would my shed. Razz
DO
dosxuk

So would my shed. Razz

Nobody mention Bail's garage Zipper

Newer posts