TV Home Forum

BBC1 breakdown during Wallace and Gromit (incomplete)

(May 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IT
itvblocks
Has anyone got this breakdown in full or a clip of what happened before perhaps?
https://www.tvwhirl.co.uk/misc/mistakes/?clip=2437
Apparently, there was a video of the breakdown in full, but has been removed since...
BH
BillyH Founding member
An old RealPlayer video exists somewhere (maybe the PP?), it was hilarious and commented lots on here at the time.
IT
itvblocks
An old RealPlayer video exists somewhere (maybe the PP?), it was hilarious and commented lots on here at the time.

I see, is there a link somewhere? (via Wayback machine maybe?)
WO
Worzel

Yes it was on Meldrum's Private Parts, will have a look and report back.
IT
itvblocks

Yes it was on Meldrum's Private Parts, will have a look and report back.

Thank you Smile
LL
Larry the Loafer
It's on PP but it's an RM file from 2002 which I can't seem to be able to play without some rather unpleasant sounds coming from VLC.
VM
VMPhil
It's on PP but it's an RM file from 2002 which I can't seem to be able to play without some rather unpleasant sounds coming from VLC.

Yes it’s one of those ones you have to download actual RealPlayer to see, but the frame rate is about 2 per second so it’s not of much use IMO.
IT
itvblocks

Hmm that's weird, the RM files that i've played seemed to have worked just fine on VLC, maybe that's just me I suppose.
Last edited by itvblocks on 13 May 2018 9:56pm
BH
BillyH Founding member
From memory the only two visuals are the dancer ident and the breakdown slide, so with hi-res copies of both it could easily be "remastered" using the RealPlayer audio.
JA
JAS84
And what about those "unpleasant sounds" Larry mentioned? What you suggest would be fine if the problem was just corrupted or low resolution visuals, but it sounds like the audio needs repairing too.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I've downloaded Realplayer since and the video plays fine, as fine as a video plays at 2 frames a second. If I get a chance and I can find a copy of the Music Video ident that's long enough, I'll try and grant BillyH's wish.
IT
itvblocks
I've downloaded Realplayer since and the video plays fine, as fine as a video plays at 2 frames a second. If I get a chance and I can find a copy of the Music Video ident that's long enough, I'll try and grant BillyH's wish.

Smile

Newer posts