The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JL
JamesLaverty1925
AlexS posted:
Back to E at 8:30-I wonder if it's more likely to do with the breaking news about the Iran deal that The News Channel took the 8:00pm Outside Source tonight rather than the bulletin being dropped as to my knowledge there was an 8:00pm bulletin last Thursday.

It's the 19:58 bulletin on BBC one that is being discussed not the 20:00 news channel bulletin.

I noticed it was dropped last Tuesday. I'm rarely in at that time and had actually switched to One to catch it so was a little surprised.
JB
JexedBack
8pm bulletin has been dropped on Tuesday and Thursdays. Remains on other days except Bank Holidays etc.
:-(
A former member
Really? In what universe does that make sense?
BM
BM11
Maybe its because those two nights are after Eastenders and therefore 8pm rates lower than 7.30 - while on the other days 8PM rates higher than 7.30.
RN
Rolling News
Eleanor Garnier making her debut in the BBC News Channel hot seat tonight.
Last edited by Rolling News on 11 May 2018 11:07pm
LL
London Lite Founding member

Nope, she did a shift in late October 2017.
FL
flexiblefriend
Martine Croxall on the 19.00-00.00 last night, then back with the 09.00-14.00 today. Busy lady.
:-(
A former member
Some of us in the real world work much longer shifts with shorter gaps between them.
RN
Rolling News
It’s actually against the law for a worker in this country to not have a minimum of an 11 hour break between shifts.
RN
Rolling News

Maybe your confusing her with Vicki Young?
LL
London Lite Founding member

Maybe your confusing her with Vicki Young?

She def presented before, it was a Newsroom Live/VD shift when Joanna Gosling wasn't being offered any shifts. Vicki Young has covered numerous times, which is why I can tell the difference between the two!
RN
Rolling News
Nope, that was definitely Vicki Young who presented that shift in late October and the only time she’s presented that particular shift until one day last week. Eleanor’s first shift was definitely on Friday!

Newer posts