« Topics
Larry the Loafer5,128 posts since 2 Jul 2005
Granada North West Today
The obsession with Gogglebox is getting ridiculous. We've got takeaway adverts based around friends sitting on couches and talking about their favourite food, and I STILL can't get over why the BBC thought it was a good idea for Watchdog's anniversary special to be interspersed with families watching the show on TV and saying "ooh I remember that". That has to be the worst.
DE88 gave kudos
JCB1,883 posts since 21 Sep 2004
That new big font on the end board looks so bad, especially as they’ve just increased the size within the current design.

I know lots of BBC One programmes have high numbers of older viewers, so maybe it’s intended for the partially sighted.

I wonder if the BBC1 presentation, continuity and general vibe is the reason it is down over 2% on last year's viewing figures and ITV is up by the same amount? The general look and feel of the channel is like Wilko's compared to ITV's WHSmith. Some digital channels fail because they just look bad. BBC1 is going that way in my opinion.

Anyone else often wonder what planet certain posters are living on? Very few people care about TV presentation outside this forum. People still tune in to watch Blue Planet, Strictly, & Happy Valley despite "Oneness" and messy trailer endboards.
Hayden, Jay Lee and 2 others
  • Austin Tatious
  • chinamug
gave kudos
VMPhil8,560 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
That new big font on the end board looks so bad, especially as they’ve just increased the size within the current design.

I know lots of BBC One programmes have high numbers of older viewers, so maybe it’s intended for the partially sighted.

I wonder if the BBC1 presentation, continuity and general vibe is the reason it is down over 2% on last year's viewing figures and ITV is up by the same amount? The general look and feel of the channel is like Wilko's compared to ITV's WHSmith. Some digital channels fail because they just look bad. BBC1 is going that way in my opinion.

Anyone else often wonder what planet certain posters are living on? Very few people care about TV presentation outside this forum. People still tune in to watch Blue Planet, Strictly, & Happy Valley despite "Oneness" and messy trailer endboards.

The type of presentation a channel uses influences the viewers opinion of the channel overall though, as has been documented with the BBC2 rebrand of 1991 seeing viewers describe the same programmes before the revamp as ‘dull and worthy’ and after the revamp as ‘sophisticated, witty, amusing’. It may be an old example but it still rings true.

Le Neko gave kudos
JCB1,883 posts since 21 Sep 2004

The type of presentation a channel uses influences the viewers opinion of the channel overall though, as has been documented with the BBC2 rebrand of 1991 seeing viewers describe the same programmes before the revamp as ‘dull and worthy’ and after the revamp as ‘sophisticated, witty, amusing’. It may be an old example but it still rings true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbpITaGT4-8

Well, in this century, both BBC One & Two placed on YouGov's Top 10 brands of 2017 so poor presentation can't be hindering the wider public s perception of these channels as much as TV Forum likes to claim.
http://www.brandindex.com/ranking/uk/2017-index
Jay Lee and Austin Tatious gave kudos
Markymark5,490 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbpITaGT4-8

Well, in this century, both BBC One & Two placed on YouGov's Top 10 brands of 2017 so poor presentation can't be hindering the wider public s perception of these channels as much as TV Forum likes to claim.
http://www.brandindex.com/ranking/uk/2017-index

Of course not, people tune in for programmes not junctions. Content is king, always has been
Jay Lee, DE88 and 2 others
  • MetalGearRex
  • Austin Tatious
gave kudos