« Topics
benjy1,858 posts since 4 Jan 2003
BBC World
I’m not usually one to speculate, but now that he’s going to be available, I wonder if we might at some point see Matthew Wright standing in for Piers/Ben when they’re both off. He’s the right sort of character, and would surely be a better choice than Madeley/Kyle.
Last edited by benjy on 3 May 2018 8:35am
jason201632 posts since 5 Oct 2016
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I doubt it. Just read BBC News and here is what he had to say:

Speaking about his decision, he said: "There is not a lot to say really, other than the fact... the demands of getting up for a daytime show.
Speaking about his regime, he said: "I'm up at three o'clock in the morning these days. I go to bed at half seven. I've had 18-and-a-half years of it.
Rkolsen1,941 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World
Forgive me if this has been mentioned but I have a suggestion for the use of the weird standing array of monitors. NBC Nightly News has a weird pattern on LED tiles next to their “tower” LED wall. They have images from all the segments and topics on the LED tiles. I’m not sure if this is geoblocked but you can see images from different stories. In this case Bill Cosby taking up the largest.

BBI45486 posts since 2 Aug 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
Forgive me if this has been mentioned but I have a suggestion for the use of the weird standing array of monitors. NBC Nightly News has a weird pattern on LED tiles next to their “tower” LED wall. They have images from all the segments and topics on the LED tiles. I’m not sure if this is geoblocked but you can see images from different stories. In this case Bill Cosby taking up the largest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xws9V3wfZMw

That is their purpose, isn't it.
God kveld og velkommen til Dagsrevyen.
Rkolsen1,941 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xws9V3wfZMw

That is their purpose, isn't it.

I haven’t seen anything since the debut. Sorry.
SkyFan123
STV Central Reporting Scotland
Piers has just abandoned the 7am openers. It started as normal with the Ident Into the headline when piers shouts "stop, stop! We'll come back to the openers in a minute". What was so important? He wanted to talk about trump.
Luke B gave kudos