The Newsroom

Jeremy Vine on 5

New brand for The Wright Stuff, beginning 9:15am, 3rd Sept with Jeremy Vine (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
How about Matt Allwright as a replacement?? He is not afraid to put his opinion forward... plus no name change to the show would be needed!!

If you say his name quick enough, it sounds the same at Matthew Wright !
WO
Worzel
How about Matt Allwright as a replacement?? He is not afraid to put his opinion forward... plus no name change to the show would be needed!!

If you say his name quick enough, it sounds the same at Matthew Wright !

Michael Barrymore. Alwight!
JW
JamesWorldNews
Could we see the return of Mark Austin to the UK for the show?

Yes, I do believe Mark Austin would give up his current role and come back for this. He would be perfect for it.

On the other hand, Madely, Anne Diamond and Claudia Liza would also fit the bill.
WM
W M
Could we see the return of Mark Austin to the UK for the show?

Yes, I do believe Mark Austin would give up his current role and come back for this. He would be perfect for it.

On the other hand, Madely, Anne Diamond and Claudia Liza would also fit the bill.

I think that would be a pretty big comedown for Mark Austin, even if he’s currently on a channel with just a few hundred thousand viewers.
JO
Jonwo
I like Mark Austin but I wonder if he'd be a bit too serious for this type of show, I think you need someone who can handle the lighter topics along with the more heavier topics.
AM
amosc100
How about James H Reeve?
UB
UBox
Claudia-Liza standing in today.

I wonder if her 5News predecessor Matt Barbet would come back to do TWS. He has recently got a job at a firm outside of TV though so probably unlikely.
IS
Inspector Sands
UBox posted:
Claudia-Liza standing in today.

I wonder if her 5News predecessor Matt Barbet would come back to do TWS. He has recently got a job at a firm outside of TV though so probably unlikely.

Indeed: https://www.prweek.com/article/1460843/freuds-hires-mirror-royal-correspondent-seasoned-broadcaster

8 days later

LL
London Lite Founding member
Claudia-Liza in again for Matthew. I fear that this will become the norm until he leaves as he takes more time off.
ST
South Today
Claudia-Liza in again for Matthew. I fear that this will become the norm until he leaves as he takes more time off.

Now wouldn't Sian Williams just be simply superb.

28 days later

NW
nwtv2003
Matthew has confirmed on Twitter that his last show will be this Thursday. No news on a replacement yet.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I'd speculate that Anne Diamond and Claudia-Liza Armah will be the main presenter cover throughout the summer, with a permanent replacement in September.

Newer posts