TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Have there been any trails on some channels advertising their EPG changes on Sky? I've seen History advertise the move to EPG 130, but I haven't seen any other channel yet so far from direct observation.

I was channel hopping yesterday and noticed a few of the international channels have permanent 'follow us to Sky channel xxx' notices on screen.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Have there been any trails on some channels advertising their EPG changes on Sky? I've seen History advertise the move to EPG 130, but I haven't seen any other channel yet so far from direct observation.
I’ve seen the Discovery channels advertising the changes by using a uniform style, having the logo and underneath advertising the new Sky number in a white box, before it decreases in size to show other platform numbers.

And a trailer for 4Music, mostly advertising the new entertainment line-up, but includes the new channel number.
KU
Kunst
Disney XD UK, which will move its EPG number on tomorrow, has been unifying most of their schedule with other Disney XDs in EMEA territories starting today ; now some trailers run textless (except for the 24-hour clock times) and bumpers should become textless too soon
Only the schedules run similar, but remember, it's not a feed unification

Disney Junior too did such a move some time ago, with other Western European feeds: the main Disney Channel will hardly be unified, being the most important channel, but still, an "Important" move for the European markets by Disney
YG
Yandere Gaming
Decided to check the EPG at 7:00. I was pleased to see ITV HD finally take the 103 slot.

Documentary channels in their new slots, as well as the +1 channels.

Surprised to see Sky Two move from 163 to 123.

5STAR appears to also have moved to 128, 5USA to 141.
OR
orange
Might be out of the loop but why does the C4 HD channel not replace the C4 SD slot?
SP
Spencer
_Tom_ posted:
Might be out of the loop but why does the C4 HD channel not replace the C4 SD slot?

Channel 4 carries regional advertising on SD, but not on HD. The HD variant of the PSB channels will only appear on 101-105 if it's exactly the same as the local SD version. I presume in London, C4 HD will be on 104.

Similarly ITV regions and sub-regions which aren't available in HD will still appear in SD on 103.
OR
orange
_Tom_ posted:

Channel 4 carries regional advertising on SD, but not on HD. The HD variant of the PSB channels will only appear on 101-105 if it's exactly the same as the local SD version. I presume in London, C4 HD will be on 104.

Similarly ITV regions and sub-regions which aren't available in HD will still appear in SD on 103.

Oh! Thank you, that explains a lot.
RD
rdd Founding member
As speculated previously, BBC One Northern Ireland HD has been added to the Irish EPG and replaced BBC One HD on 141 (though that’s still on the EPG on 976 for audio description purposes).
ST
Stuart
I noticed that there isn't a tab for the secondary SD channels, so if you were looking to record from one of those (to save space) then you'd either have to know they were in the 800s, or scroll all the way to the bottom of the Entertainment tab.

Incidentally, the Entertainment tab now appears after the News tab, and can't even be seen until you scroll first to one of the other tabs. Shocked

http://i65.tinypic.com/14scyf4.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/16ab59w.jpg
DB
dbl
Weirdly the switch hasn't happened for me. I'm using a non Sky Q box (Sky+HD) - and I see VICE's new channel number is still showing True Entertainment on my box.

*restarts to see if it does the trick*

Edit: That worked
Last edited by dbl on 1 May 2018 8:46pm - 2 times in total
BR
Brekkie
Incidentally, the Entertainment tab now appears after the News tab, and can't even be seen until you scroll first to one of the other tabs. Shocked

Makes sense really as the entertainment channels are the first listed under All Channels, so already there when you go to the EPG.
JO
Joe

Makes sense really as the entertainment channels are the first listed under All Channels, so already there when you go to the EPG.

But it would make more sense to design the interface so that it was clear there were additional categories. Even something as simple as a 'fade' to the right would indicate this.

Newer posts