TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AD
addlestones
Jonny posted:
................................................ I don't see
................................................ what the problem is.

I'm with you on this Jonny I don't see a problem with the end board. If I wanted to be pedantic I'd say the only thing that's a problem is using a . between the 9 and 0 rather than a :

9:00 rather than 9.00 looks better
JF
JetixFann450
Looks like someone forgot to center the text.

I hope the Creative team didn't hire one of those terrible TVF mockers. This just seems like the BBC is trying to copy ITV. And this is where our licensing money goes to.
JA
james-2001

I'm with you on this Jonny I don't see a problem with the end board.

Whooooooooooooooooooooosh
RE
Rex
Just appeared on network. Oh dear.

WIth an odd rotating one/iPlayer logo.

Based on direct observation, they have been experimenting with a few different trail endboards for BBC One over the last few months.

This trail endboard though....damn that's terrible.
Last edited by Rex on 23 April 2018 9:43pm - 2 times in total
RD
RDJ
Seems to be some kind of issue with Network CA tonight. No VO at the end credits of HIGNFY and the ident was clean leading into the next programme 'Home From Home'.
DB
dbl
RDJ posted:
Seems to be some kind of issue with Network CA tonight. No VO at the end credits of HIGNFY and the ident was clean leading into the next programme 'Home From Home'.

This is probably why.. it's pissing the CAs off.
dbl posted:
No announcement over ident into Green Party election broadcast... Was Mr Lydiate locked in the loo?

Apparently, they're having problems with the new continuity booths that were 'cheaply' installed - it has a digital desk, so if things go wrong they can't override. Some have had to pre-record their annos apparently just to make it to air, on a bad day. Plus there's over compression. (in case any soundie TVFers have noticed)
Last edited by dbl on 29 April 2018 10:48am
BU
buster
Why do they seem to use a weird cover version of the HIGNFY theme in the piece to camera promos for it?
AS
Asa Admin
Just seen that endboard on screen. Not great. I got used to the ITV one but something about the BBC’s ripoff just seems...wrong. Why tweak things to look worse?

And is there something a bit odd about the circles animation and old ident music still being used for the 90 second update?
paul_hadley and denton gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
Is that the reason for this breakdown that went unnoticed for over a minute a few months back? Not able to override it immediately?

SC
scottishtv Founding member
Here's the #ALLCAPSHASHTAG version:

IS
Inspector Sands
Is that the reason for this breakdown that went unnoticed for over a minute a few months back? Not able to override it immediately?

Unlikely to be anything to do with the announcers sound desk issue dbl mentions above as that won't affect the directors ability to cut the vision away from a fault. Looks like it was just someone not paying attention, I think it was late at night.

Also the new playout suites only came online this year, so that snooker was going through the old one.

Of course it could just be that the announcer was indisposed or that a backup suite was being used that doesn't have an announcer to hand
:-(
A former member
Here's the #ALLCAPSHASHTAG version:

Horrendous.

Newer posts