TV Home Forum

Royal Wedding - Harry & Meghan

Presentation coverage before and after (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
ITV are first out of the block to announce their coverage of the Royal Wedding.

Philip Schofield and Julie Etchingham are back together from Windsor from 0925-1500 with a highlights package on ITV3 in the evening.

BBC News will have Simon McCoy and Jane Hill presenting coverage.
Last edited by London Lite on 18 May 2018 7:27pm
BR
Brekkie
As much as we love Simon and Jane around here that would very much be the C-team at best.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I assume that was a joke, and in reality they’ll have Huw Edwards, Sophie Raworth, Fiona Bruce and all the big guns.

A strong line up of presenters and reporters on ITV and interesting they are using Charlotte Hawkins as well.
Last edited by Andrew on 24 April 2018 7:45pm
NE
News96
Someone's gotta do it on The NC side through but yes it probably will be Huw, Sophie Fiona etc on the main BBC1 Coverage.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Considering I only mentioned the NC contingent, I thought that would be assumed? Oh well.

If I recall, for William and Kate, the NC and World largely simulcast with BBC One anyway.

For the smaller channels, I won't be surprised if Alistair Bruce is on hand for Sky and Kate Williams for CNNi. I wonder if they'll let Max Foster or Hannah Vaughan Jones anchor or someone flown in from Atlanta?
AA
Aaron_2015
A very strong presenting line up from ITV. Julie and Philip are a good presenting combination.

I’m surprised Good Morning Britain won’t be on air with a special program, even if it is a Saturday. I’m sure Piers and Susanna have mentioned that they’ll have special coverage from Windsor, but I think it would have been mentioned in the press release if they were on air.
Luke B, Rory and UBox gave kudos
UB
UBox
ITV are certainly putting out a good team and with Philip Schofield at the helm it'll feel much less like a news programme. Great to see the likes of Charlotte Hawkins and Charlene White included too and it'll be nice seeing them outside of the studio for once.

I’m surprised Good Morning Britain won’t be on air with a special program, even if it is a Saturday. I’m sure Piers and Susanna have mentioned that they’ll have special coverage from Windsor, but I think it would have been mentioned in the press release if they were on air.

Well the press release doesn't mention anything before 0925 so it's possible that ITV Daytime or ITV Breakfast (I'm not sure who is responsible for the slot on a weekend) will make their own announcement regarding any coverage. I expect GMB will want to do something though and Piers and Susanna are most likely to be their team. Makes sense if GMB are broadcasting to have Charlotte Hawkins out too to provide some continuity in the presenters across the day. Haven't GMB done a regal sounding remix of the theme before too?
AN
Andrew Founding member
If GMB were doing something, it would have been mentioned in the press release.

9:25am is perfectly early enough to start the coverage
NE
News96
Also of note, the late bulletin on ITV will be extended that Saturday-In fact i wouldn't be surprised if BBC1 did the same with their late bulletin that night.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Great decision. ITV's coverage was far more watchable than the BBC's last time, so hope that translates into better ratings this time.

AS
AlexS
Someone's gotta do it on The NC side through but yes it probably will be Huw, Sophie Fiona etc on the main BBC1 Coverage.

I imagine Mishal Husain will play a substantial role in the BBC coverage considering she was the journalist who got the first interview.
SW
Steve Williams
As much as we love Simon and Jane around here that would very much be the C-team at best.

If we're basing this on what Simon said on The One Show, he said that he and Jane would be presenting the coverage from the Thursday.

Newer posts