The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
South Today
Chris Mason reading the news on the Marr Show this morning. Not seen him do that before.

Once before I seem to recall but granted it is a rarity.
CU
Custard56
Chris Mason reading the news on the Marr Show this morning. Not seen him do that before.

He did it a few weeks ago when he was co-presenting Breakfast on a Sunday. Presumably he did the same today.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Well, hello Tanya Beckett!
IL
i-lied
Well, hello Tanya Beckett!

She was on last weekend too! Has she given up business?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Yes. Tanya actually left the BBC and became freelance. She does some monthly output for BBC World News. I'm not sure if she freelances for the Business Unit any more though.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Carrie Gracie is covering Newsroom Live. No senior presenter at the Lindo just yet, with Sarah Campbell reporting.
AS
AlexS
It appears that the News Channel Sport has been split into 3 shifts with one presenter doing the morning and afternoon live, another doing the 12:00 and 13:00 hours and the 18:30 Sportsday and another doing the 5 and evening.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I might be wrong but I don’t think I’ve seen Jane Hill on the Ten in quite a while.
DV
dvboy
Jane also did the 6 today so clearly covering for Fiona.
SS
SuperSajuuk
AlexS posted:
It appears that the News Channel Sport has been split into 3 shifts with one presenter doing the morning and afternoon live, another doing the 12:00 and 13:00 hours and the 18:30 Sportsday and another doing the 5 and evening.

I noticed this recently, I think this is a better schedule than having one person from 10'ish all the way through to 4, with another presenter from 4 to end of NC transmission before simulcast. Gives more presenters a chance to present, and keeps things less predictable (I've already seen a number of random different presenters that I hadn't seen often before this, already via this new rota)
JW
JamesWorldNews
Interesting article in the Telegraph about David Eades, Tim Willcox and Joanna Gosling all involved in a court case where it is alleged that BBC World News enforced them to set up companies to allow them (Gosling cites in particular) to continue working as presenters at the Channel. The court case is currently ongoing.

Slowly slowly there is quite a lot coming out of the BBC at the moment.......

Anyway, just parking this here. *Avoids speculation and further comment*
TV
TVNewsviewer
Well that's interesting (well not really, but you know me lol - finds interest in the most boring things). Clive is continuing to present after the BBC News at Six. I've never known the News at Six presenter to be the evening shift presenter before... (At least if we exclude rare occasions on which an early evening Weekend News has been covered by the presenter doing the evening News Channel shift, which we do since this is weekday BBC News at Six followed by continuing to present.)

EDIT: Actually not. Lukwesa now presenting at 7pm - must just not have been around at 6.30.
Last edited by TVNewsviewer on 4 May 2018 7:03pm

Newer posts