TV Home Forum

Sky's Branding

(October 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
MY83 posted:
My grandparents took the Freesat From Sky option, so yeah, they're still on an old box.

There's two versions of that though - a normal Sky+HD box becomes a (chunky) Freesat From Sky box when you cancel your subscription - and then there's another box that they farm out if somebody specifically requests Freesat From Sky - looks very similar to the Sky+ HD box but is just different enough to be noticeable.
MY
MY83
It's grey, square and has no Sky+ functionality at all.

Similar to this:
http://www.chrisgreen.co.uk/wp-content/Uploaded_Content/skyboxinstalled.jpg
NJ
That is an old box! The more modern boxes look closer in style to Sky+HD.
MY
MY83
Yeah, I know, thanks. I've been alive for the past 20 years too.
GO
gottago
MY83 posted:
My grandparents took the Freesat From Sky option, so yeah, they're still on an old box.

There's two versions of that though - a normal Sky+HD box becomes a (chunky) Freesat From Sky box when you cancel your subscription - and then there's another box that they farm out if somebody specifically requests Freesat From Sky - looks very similar to the Sky+ HD box but is just different enough to be noticeable.

I’m surprised they don’t just send out a regular box in the hope of customers eventually subscribing to something. Is the EPG the same or do they remove the subscription channels?
JO
Joe
MY83 posted:

NJ
MY83 posted:

I’m surprised they don’t just send out a regular box in the hope of customers eventually subscribing to something. Is the EPG the same or do they remove the subscription channels?

Freesat from Sky through the Sky+HD box is as you'd expect, only without any of the Sky+ stuff, on-demand or anything. I believe Freesat from Sky uses the same EPG or at least the same data only without the premium channels.

MY83 posted:

Cool, glad to hear it Smile Thumbs up
RE
Rex
Another new ident added to the current Sky One presentation package.

ED
edmund
A rollercoaster ident was also introduced. They seem to launch in batches of two. The channel has a good variety of idents now, nice to see them developing an existing package rather than starting from scratch each time.
FO
FanOfTV99
Another new ident added to the current Sky One presentation package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tq4I7PCMGw

Must be for that new show hosted by Steve-O
ED
edmund
I think it is meant to be garden trampolining. The sound of a lawnmower and whistling birds can be heard in the background.
ED
edmund
A collection of all the current Sky One idents and bumpers has been added to the Sky Creative website. https://www.skycreative.uk/sky-one-rebrand/ Not sure if all of those bumpers have been on screen yet.

Newer posts