« Topics
Neil Jones4,459 posts since 23 Dec 2001
Central (West) Midlands Today
My grandparents took the Freesat From Sky option, so yeah, they're still on an old box.

There's two versions of that though - a normal Sky+HD box becomes a (chunky) Freesat From Sky box when you cancel your subscription - and then there's another box that they farm out if somebody specifically requests Freesat From Sky - looks very similar to the Sky+ HD box but is just different enough to be noticeable.
gottago2,681 posts since 26 Aug 2004
London London
My grandparents took the Freesat From Sky option, so yeah, they're still on an old box.

There's two versions of that though - a normal Sky+HD box becomes a (chunky) Freesat From Sky box when you cancel your subscription - and then there's another box that they farm out if somebody specifically requests Freesat From Sky - looks very similar to the Sky+ HD box but is just different enough to be noticeable.

I’m surprised they don’t just send out a regular box in the hope of customers eventually subscribing to something. Is the EPG the same or do they remove the subscription channels?
Neil Jones4,459 posts since 23 Dec 2001
Central (West) Midlands Today

I’m surprised they don’t just send out a regular box in the hope of customers eventually subscribing to something. Is the EPG the same or do they remove the subscription channels?

Freesat from Sky through the Sky+HD box is as you'd expect, only without any of the Sky+ stuff, on-demand or anything. I believe Freesat from Sky uses the same EPG or at least the same data only without the premium channels.

Yeah, I know, thanks. I've been alive for the past 20 years too.

Cool, glad to hear it Smile Thumbs up
gottago gave kudos
edmund1,214 posts since 21 Sep 2009
A rollercoaster ident was also introduced. They seem to launch in batches of two. The channel has a good variety of idents now, nice to see them developing an existing package rather than starting from scratch each time.