TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
dvboy posted:
Looks like Eurosport don't have the ATP 250 tournaments they had last year. The tournament in Houston was shown by them last year but isn't this year.

Kyle Edmund's matches are however being shown on his Facebook page.

A peak of approx 330 watched Edmund's 2nd round match today. Edmund is in fact playing in Marrakech.
BR
Brekkie
dvboy posted:
dvboy posted:
Looks like Eurosport don't have the ATP 250 tournaments they had last year. The tournament in Houston was shown by them last year but isn't this year.

Kyle Edmund's matches are however being shown on his Facebook page.

A peak of approx 330 watched Edmund's 2nd round match today. Edmund is in fact playing in Marrakech.

Presumably there was at least that many at the venue.
RD
rdd Founding member
rdd posted:
Sky will have two Saturday games again this week with Southampton v Chelsea at lunchtime and a very unusually scheduled Spurs v Man City At 7:45pm.

And they went with the Iselworth studio again for Super Sunday today.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Quick semi-off piste ....

Radio
Talksport to cover England's next two overseas Cricket tests winning rights formerly held by BBC TMS

.... back to Television.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Not sure why there's a lot of media buzz around the Amazon Tennis announcement today, we knew about it months ago here. Nothing new to add to the information we had previously too.
DV
dvboy
Just that it's been announced officially, that's all.
GE
thegeek Founding member
It appears the BBC did some UHD HDR rugby live on the iPlayer at the weekend - they just didn't tell anyone in advance:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/3c8095b0-0aca-4402-9898-7f20575ae2b5
DV
DVB Cornwall
Seems there's supposed to be a UHD football loop available too on certain devices. Too late to fiddle now will try tomorrow.
RK
Rkolsen
The Olympic Channel (produced by NBC Sports) in US aired The London Marathon. It appears they mainly used the World feed with the BBC Sport insert graphics. However the BBC Sport graphics were in miles and had the tagheur time logo pop up. Were the BBC graphics in miles or this an alternate feed? NBC Sports used full screen graphics when I guess the BBC feed went full screen or when the radio bikes (I never seen a camera man stand up on the back of the bike in the US) lost signal.

The broadcast was aired at 7PM ET so 12AM UK time and they curated the different races down to 3 hours.
DV
dvboy
Didn't watch it but I would expect the BBC graphics to be in miles.

We generally use miles for long distances, our road signs have distances in miles.
MA
Markymark
dvboy posted:
Didn't watch it but I would expect the BBC graphics to be in miles.

We generally use miles for long distances, our road signs have distances in miles.

Yes, although I noticed Nick Bryant assumed Canadians use miles for road speeds and distances when reporting on the Toronto incident. An eye witness estimated, quote ‘70 or 80 clicks’ as the speed of the van. He meant km/hr, but Nick assumed mph.
Canada uses km for road speeds and distance ( I was caught out myself by that while planning a road trip from distances printed on paper maps of Canada)
BR
Brekkie
From what I saw they flipped between the two on their timing graphics. As dbvoy says though for something like the marathon the BBC would use miles as their main checkpoints.

Newer posts