TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
The scene dock doors had a This Morning logo on them yesterday alongside the old (1997 vintage) Studio 3 sign

I liked the way the various rooms at TLS had branded signs on them in the style of the shows logo for example: 'Wardrobe with Sam and Adam'
WH
Whataday Founding member
I think the scenery doors are here, and this whole section comes away, or even opens outwards to the doors:

EA
Earlie37
I think the scenery doors are here, and this whole section comes away, or even opens outwards to the doors:

I love how that looks like Phil has become some evil mastermind who has locked Holly up in a laser cage of somesort. Laughing
DO
dosxuk
So, using the various sources, like the 360° video, the various behind the scenes photos that were floating around yesterday, and (mostly) the preview image we saw of the TM studio that had the (numbered) lighting bars visible, I've come up with this poor sketch.

I'm much less confident about the space being used by GMB than that of TM, as I've not found images of the camera-left side of the set which shows anything identifiable on the studio plans, but from the diagonal trusses visible I think it is taking up the whole width. It was only while making this image I realised that the TM set does not fill the entire width of the space available, but from the sources available it clearly doesn't (with the three fake windows, the first pillar from the left is pretty much directly centre of lighting bars 51/52, which are the 3rd and 4th of the 6 across the studio).
TC
TCOTV
Studios TC1-3 - BBC Studioworks

Rest of the building - Stanhope Developments

BBC Studioworks don't own TC1 - 3 - the whole site is owned by Stanhope and BBC Studioworks lease back TC1 - TC3 which they have sub let to ITV Studios, TC2 and TC3.

I could be wrong but didn't the BBC only sell the lease hold? If true then the BBC owns the free hold.
IS
Inspector Sands
TCOTV posted:

I could be wrong but didn't the BBC only sell the lease hold? If true then the BBC owns the free hold.

The BBC didn't sell the land that TVC sits on so they own the freehold. The property market when the sale was first being mooted was depressed so they decided it wasn't a good idea to.

The TV Centre buildings were sold to Stanhope, who presumably pay a small amount of rent to the BBC

BBC Studioworks lease back part of the building from Stanhope.

They then rent out some of that space to ITV, as they rent out studio 1 to others

It's like how leasehold housing works - the land is owned by a freeholder and you just buy the leasehold, normally for 100+ years. You pay the landlord a peppercorn rent. You can modify it, with permission of the freeholder and you are then rent out a room to a lodger
WH
Whataday Founding member
So, using the various sources, like the 360° video, the various behind the scenes photos that were floating around yesterday, and (mostly) the preview image we saw of the TM studio that had the (numbered) lighting bars visible, I've come up with this poor sketch.

I'm much less confident about the space being used by GMB than that of TM, as I've not found images of the camera-left side of the set which shows anything identifiable on the studio plans, but from the diagonal trusses visible I think it is taking up the whole width. It was only while making this image I realised that the TM set does not fill the entire width of the space available, but from the sources available it clearly doesn't (with the three fake windows, the first pillar from the left is pretty much directly centre of lighting bars 51/52, which are the 3rd and 4th of the 6 across the studio).

I think you're right when it comes to the sizes, but suspect that the This Morning set is actually shifted up on your plan so the scenery doors are in line with the catwalk area?

So a bit more like this:

DO
dosxuk
Nope, well, not unless they moved it over after they built it! In the Twitter photo you can see it's up against the bottom firelane, and the lighting bar numbers confirm.

In the 360° video there is a flat covering where an entrance is which would line up with the runway door.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Ah yes, Philip's assertion that the runway door was behind the fashion catwalk is obviously incorrect, and that grey flat is where they'll get the car (and the elephant!) in.
TC
TCOTV
I agree with dosxuk plan. You can tell from Phil's instagram video post.

Thanks inspector sands. I always thought they still owned something. So they don't own the building but they do own the studio floor. 😂
BA
bilky asko
TC
TCOTV
The sun newspaper did an article with pictures of the new set. I think the door and wall around the door next to the kitchen might be moved to get things in and out.

Here the link;
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/6067499/inside-this-mornings-new-studio-table-cactus-lamp/

Sorry you have to go to the sun website. Difficult to post the pictures via phone.

Newer posts