TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UB
UBox
JK
JKDerry
Some were slagging off Phillip the other day, but I bet that potted history of TV Centre that took over the first 10 mins of This Morning was all his doing. Explaining that there are now three studios, and mentioning which ones aren’t there anymore, and also throwing in an old clip of Going Live.

When you realise how many studios they have demolished at Television Centre, it does make you a bit sad. I have said before, and it was mentioned by others, that BBC Studioworks did consider retaining Studio TC4, however money led that down the drain fairly quickly. I wish them well at Television Centre. My only gripe is the GMB intro, "from ITV Studios", eh no you are not. ITV does not own these studios, they are sub-letting them. Just my only little gripe with the whole process.
WM
W M
Some were slagging off Phillip the other day, but I bet that potted history of TV Centre that took over the first 10 mins of This Morning was all his doing. Explaining that there are now three studios, and mentioning which ones aren’t there anymore, and also throwing in an old clip of Going Live.

When you realise how many studios they have demolished at Television Centre, it does make you a bit sad. I have said before, and it was mentioned by others, that BBC Studioworks did consider retaining Studio TC4, however money led that down the drain fairly quickly. I wish them well at Television Centre. My only gripe is the GMB intro, "from ITV Studios", eh no you are not. ITV does not own these studios, they are sub-letting them. Just my only little gripe with the whole process.

so if a company, say a hair salon leased a building for 5 years let’s say, then they shouldn’t be allowed to put their name above the shop door? I don’t see a differnce here I’m afraid.
JK
JKDerry
W M posted:

so if a company, say a hair salon leased a building for 5 years let’s say, then they shouldn’t be allowed to put their name above the shop door? I don’t see a differnce here I’m afraid.

It is not ITV Studios, it is the BBC Studios. That is a fact. It would have been better with they had just called it Television Centre. "Live from the Television Centre in West London ..." could have been better.
:-(
A former member
Not bbc studios either...
TV
TVMoments
W M posted:

It is not ITV Studios, it is the BBC Studios. That is a fact. It would have been better with they had just called it Television Centre. "Live from the Television Centre in West London ..." could have been better.

Or even just Live From Television Centre In London
TG
TG
As others have said, I took ITV Studios to be referring to the producer, not necessarily the location. It may sound a bit of a cheat to us, given they've not bothered to reword the intro, but technically it's right.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Surely this conversation is more suited to the Good Morning Britain thread, considering... that's what it's about?
AN
Andrew Founding member
There was no such place as “ITV Studios” in the previous location, it’s just shorthand for the studios that ITV are using at that time.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Some highlights from their talk of the new studio today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91JRdPu2swk

Shapeshifting boat at 2:45
ME
mediaman2007
The left side of my brain knows they are in Shepherd's Bush. The right side says that with that totally realistic looking window they are still at TLS.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I think the This Morning set and GMB set in TC3 is fantastic. Truly excellent build. It looks like GMB set is behind the "window" view of This Morning set. Excellent work.

You know, that's pretty clever. Everybody expected two sets opposite each other, but doing it this way means that the back projections for both sets can take up the same floor space rather than needing space behind the set for projectors at both ends of the studio.

Newer posts