TV Home Forum

Lorraine

April 2018 onwards - From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JK08
A shame Dan Wooten managed to find his way to TVC
ID
Identity
The clock looks like it’s telljng us what time the strap item is coming up
AD
addlestones
Will be interesting to see if Loose Women utilise that screen
IT
Ittr
Impressed with GMB; seriously unimpressed with Lorraine
To top it all off, the straps don't even align with the clock properly!
BB
BruceBBC
I agree the straps don’t look too good but I think the set is amazing, Erron Gordon has helped with the design on this, hence the American feel. And the theme tune, I think is catchy. The only thing I would say is the titles aren’t long enough.
WH
Whataday Founding member
RD
RDJ
Lorraine seems to really be struggling with her voice today. That’s twice now she’s had to stop to clear her throat.

On a lighter note, nice to see a mention of a possible return of Noel’s House Party.
DM
DeMarkay
The new theme tune sounds like an Americanised version of the Dancing On Ice theme tune 😂😂.

(I love it though!)
SP
Spencer
The titles look like they’re forming up a new logo with the word Lorraine in capitals, but then they wipe to the old logo. I wonder if there was a last minute change of mind.
Warbler, Ittr and Whataday gave kudos
AL
AaronLancs
I think the theme tune is rather nice, feels very American, the whole show feels very American. The set itself reminds me of the Ellen Show set with the large screen behind the sofas.

I agree with the Ellen DeGeneres set comparison.

And it must be easier when they show the picture credit graphic when showing things from social media.
WM
W M
The new Lorraine look is amazing, especially the studio. Very classy and smart!

Love the new music and titles too, even though the start of the tune sounds like one of Piers’ impressions of Lorraine. Shame they seemed to have stuck the old logo on though, never been keen of that logo.
Warbler, Newsroom24 and Jory gave kudos
EA
Earlie37
Agree that it's a pretty nice set. They might need a couple of lighting adjustments as the yellow Lorraine logo screen is very bright and when they swap the images on the screen (e.g. to show a photo), the lighting on some of the set appears to dim - it was particularly obvious during the Shayne Ward interview but that's an easy thing to fix.

Newer posts