TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
As This Morning moves from its iconic home on the South Bank to TVC, discuss the new presentation here.
Last edited by Josh on 16 September 2020 6:37pm - 11 times in total
JO
Jon
Is this an order?
:-(
A former member
It's the only way new threads will appear.
JO
Jon
I don’t think it needs one. It’s the same set for all intents purposes with a TV screen replacing the window.
RD
RDJ
Nice to see This Morning fully exploiting the fact that they’re at TVC now.

They’re already making use of the outdoor areas including outside Studio 1 and the Helios Doughnut.

Set looks good. Much the same but slightly bigger. The view is very obviously fake however but a good effort nonetheless.
DJ Dave and BenMacDonald gave kudos
WH
what
what posted:
I wonder if not featuring a drone shot of Television Centre in the opening titles had anything to do with Grenfell Tower which is right next to the building.

They haven't mentioned or shown TVC at all on any of the 4 shows that are moving.

I spoke too soon.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Good to see they're not shying away from the TVC references. The location of the This Morning studios has always played a fairly integral part in the programme.

And the windows look amazing - far more realistic than I was expecting, and they mean you can actually see the view clearly whatever the weather.
IS
Ipswich Simon
I reckon they will be use of the outside in what was the old car park outside TC1 just as they did in the good weather on the South Bank.
JB
JasonB
Any change of opening titles?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Eamonn working on a Monday! Live from Buckingham Palace (or Birmingham Palace as Holly introduced it).
RD
RDJ
The random ‘golden drinks trolley in front of a brown wall’ area that Alison was sat at was a bit naff.
WH
Whataday Founding member
They only threw to that area because Alison was laughing at "Birmingham Palace".

Newer posts